Collings UC3-K SB-L and an old tune........

buc mcmaster

Reaction score
Ordered this Collings back in 2012 and waited about nine months to land it...........certainly worth the wait! I've tried Aquila and Living Water strings, these being the latter. The Aquilas are louder but the LWs are sweeter sounding. Still haven't made up my mind.......

For my purposes, the ukulele is a vehicle for song. To strum a sweet little instrument and give voice to a nice melody is my joy and I strive to improve upon both always........

Nice one Buc. That Uke was made for playing these "classics".

Really nice, Buc! I thoroughly enjoyed the playing and the vocal. You've got a great voice. Sweet Collings concert, too. I really love the concert ukes they make, and in fact just bought a UC3 maple sunburst myself. It's a dream to play and sounds phenomenal, although if I were to sing while playing, it would quickly turn into a nightmare!

-Steve

Oh, and I also liked the Poinsettia video. I'd never heard one, and it really sounds nice. Excellent vintage tone, and a rare piece indeed.

Thanks folks! The Poinsettia has a lot of "cool" factor but honestly the Collings and the 1940s Gibson Uke 2 are much better sounding instruments. Been thinking of selling that one..........

Great song crafting, truly enjoyed it. So much so I am going to learn that song. Now if I could only sing as well as you............

Top Bottom