Collings UT1K Koa Tenor

saltytri

Reaction score
As I’ve said about other recent sales, I'm thinning the herd now that I'm making my own. When I set out to build ukuleles, I acquired several excellent instruments to become better acquainted with good sound and building techniques. These have served their purpose and should move on to new homes.

This UT1K is in mint condition. Simply put, there are no flaws at all. The serial number is 844. I purchased it new and have given it only slight use, never used it as a regular player but only to occasionally compare its sound to other instruments.

The koa has a fine and subtle curl. The neck is Honduras mahogany and the fret board, bridge and peghead overlay are rosewood.

It has been kept in its case and properly humidified. The beautifully fitted Collings case is included, of course.

$1200 including shipping and insurance in the lower 48. I'll ship to other destinations if agreeable arrangements can be made.

Last edited:
Am I gonna have to send this off to eBay? :)

I regret that I don't have the equipment to make high fidelity recordings.

There are a few videos on YouTube made with a Collings UT1K. One* is done dry, and sounds very nice:
http://youtu.be/EScwqJ88Fbg That was done with an iPhone, so it must sound amazing in person. I can't believe I just spent way too much on a little concert uke. If that doesn't work out when it arrives tomorrow, this Collings looks pretty good......

*The linked video is not Saltytri's Collings. Just another UT1K.

Last edited:
Will you ship it to Australia?

NOO! Honestly I don't need to know. Beautiful instrument but I don't have a job at the moment so I can't justify the purchase.

Anthony

You're not getting off the hook that easily. :)

I just sent a new koa concert to ACT yesterday. It's sooo easy.

I live less than 1km from the border with the ACT. I've been working in the ACT (Australian Capital Territory) all my working life. Technically I CAN afford it but since the Government has just started paying me Newstart allowance (after a LONG waiting period because I have money in the Bank) I really SHOULD'T splurge. It would be a BAD look.:rolleyes:

Maybe lay-by to fly it under the radar!:p

Funny story. My all time musical hero is Chris Smither. A guitarist not a ukulele player and he plays Collings Guitars these days. I've met him several times but what do you say to your hero other than blabber like an idiot.

Anthony

Lovely, Salt. There's not one single Collings uke on eBay now, so perhaps yours like strike someone's fancy there. You are doing swell to offer it to UU first. Nice ukulele.

PM sent w/offer

I bought one of Saltris uke Collings . A sunburst Hog just aswome !!! Great guy to deal with !!! suburude

Top Bottom