This was just posted on Facebook by Jean Larivee

Dulcilo

Reaction score
Tres hombres pequenos... Stay tuned for the return of.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Does anyone know why Larivee stopped making ukes (sopranos)? I think it was several years ago, just as most were jumping in.

I love my Larrivee guitar! I would really be interested in one of their ukuleles if they come in a concert size.

Those are the three sopranos recently offered for sale here on UU. I bought the all mahogany in the middle a couple of months back. One of the koa instruments was subsequently sold, I believe, on EBay. The third may still be for sale, I'm not sure. Larrivee did make some concert ukuleles. I have no idea why he quit making ukuleles.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...-Larivée-Ukes-for-Sale-***&highlight=larrivee

Last edited:
Jean probably quit making ukes because, as the great classical guitar (and former uke) builder, Kenny Hill, once said to me, "The trouble with ukes is that they're three quarters of the work of guitars for half the money." Yes, some of us are trying to make a living at lutherie in the Americas north of the Rio Grande!

Oh my.....that would be so nice if he started making a concert and or a tenor size. I love my L03 spruce and mahogany guitar, it surely would love a little brother to play with ;)

More confirmation that Larrivee has plans in the works for new ukes. I inquired about getting a hard case for mine and this was the reply:

We are not currently manufacturing any Ukelele Cases but are expected to do so next year.

Should I write back and ask what sizes they are expected to be making?

Top Bottom