PDA

View Full Version : Ukulele Camp?

Spud1$
04-07-2014, 04:26 PM
I want to go to Ukulele camp this summer. I have the first 3 weeks of August off and would love an intensive boot camp type uke experience. I have been practicing for 8 months and although I've improved I really need some guidance. Also I'm 55 years old and I just don't have the same dexterity or memory I once had, not to mention I have no musical background. Sorry for such a long story. Is there any thing like this out there somewhere?

PhilUSAFRet
04-07-2014, 05:25 PM
I'd check with the Tampa Bay Uke Club. They have some folks that could come up and do a weekend if you could organize it.

Spud1$
04-08-2014, 01:52 AM
I'd check with the Tampa Bay Uke Club. They have some folks that could come up and do a weekend if you could organize it.

I think that's a great idea! Thanks

Steveperrywriter
04-08-2014, 11:21 AM
One of the big ones is in Port Townsend, WA, but it's in early September. I just got back from one in the Columbia River Gorge, Menucha, and it was a hoot. There are others around; depends on how much travel you are willing to do and how much money you have to spend ...

NewKid
04-08-2014, 11:31 AM
The September Port Townsend Ukulele Festival is already sold out. They have a great line-up but only room for 140 participants.

PhilUSAFRet
04-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Don't forget to check here: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/forumdisplay.php?21-Regional-Get-Togethers

Spud1$
04-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Well I don't have much money but I love to travel, lol. I'll just keep checking the get together sand see what comes up. Thanks :)