FS: Renato Casara Tenor : rare brazilian uke made with pau ferro back and sides

fabioponta

Reaction score
Hi UU, I'm interested for sale my brazilian uke. I need a baby car more.

Just some pictures of my Renato Casara Tenor Ukulele:
This is a tenor uke made ​​in Brazil by Renato Casara luthier, in the Vivace Musical Parts, located in Espírito Santo State, in the little city of João Neiva.

Renato produces soprano, concert and tenor ukuleles since 2009, and he also produces violas (tipical 10 steal strings country instrument from Brazil).

In 2010, he and his little team produced 150 of that soprano ukulele to the School of Music of Espirito Santo (Fames) teach their children.

characteristics of this Renato Casara tenor:
Back and sides: solid Pau-ferro (also known as "brasilian ebony")
Top: solid italian spruce
Neck: brazilian andiroba
Fingerboard: rosewood
Nut and saddle: bone
Finish: Satin
Tuners: white geared tuners
Strings: Aquila
passive pickup instaled by Renato Casara.
charango style rosette

Pau-ferro could be translated as ´ironwood´ in english , and is also called ´caviúna´ here in Brazil. It is widely used in brazilian instruments and for some international brands, especially for sides and back, and is considered a soft wood and sturdy.

The sound of it is a mid - bright because of the thin spruce top and volume is very loud and strong. I think the pau-ferro leaves the well-balanced sound. The action is easy and has a great playability.

Price via Paypal: U$400 shipped via USPS to USA in a double card board well protected box (no case), with insurance. 7 days to arrive. PM me. I sold some ukes here last year, and bought a tousand.

I will send my email via PM.

IMG_1363.jpgIMG_1366.jpgIMG_1367.jpgIMG_1369.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1373.jpg
    IMG_1373.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Hi fabio,
I'm curious as to the scale length, width at the nut, and thickness of the soundboard? Also looks like there is a binding around the top curious what wood it is and if it is radiused (back side definitely looks radiused in photo, top harder to tell)? Also do you have any sound samples?
thanks,
spaas (can pm me if you prefer)

Very tempting Fabio...is the sound in the video unplugged or is it amplified with the pickup?

Glenn

I have a Renato Casara Concert and she sounds superb. Amazing tone. Sounds way better and louder than my Kala Tenor STE-C. This Tenor got be a killer.

Top Bottom