PDA

View Full Version : 5 string Gourdie Handmade by me

Swampy Steve
04-08-2014, 03:44 AM
Ive made probably 12 gourd and tackhead banjos. I need to find homes for some. If you have any interest in a swap, banjo for ukulele,, Im open to all offers. the shipping is the trouble, I have to put in box ,,, and I bet its 35- 50 to ship it.

But if interested let me know,, we can work something out. It is a very nice banjo, but my name is not known, so Its just not selling on ebay.

Hopefully I can figure out how to post a link to it her. If not if you go to youtube and search Steve Jeter my channel will show it .thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_9CBz3RfIs

PhilUSAFRet
04-08-2014, 05:27 AM
Love your playing. That is one, off-the-hook cool looking and sounding "blues banjo"

Swampy Steve
04-08-2014, 05:36 AM
thanks!! I really got into making them, cause the name brand guys cost so dang much, I could not swing getting one.. Now I have more than I need. I do see gourd ukuleles in my future though.:D got gourds in the closet.
thanks again
Steve

bonesigh
04-09-2014, 03:33 PM
You don't mention an amount.

Swampy Steve
04-10-2014, 03:48 AM
bonesigh, I would like to get enough to get a tenor w/ electronics, maybe 200.00. then actual shipping. Or a trade for tenor w/ electronics. I just don't know what shipping will be.
whenever I take stuff to fedex to ship,, Im usually have guessed wrong, sometimes its cheaper, sometimes more expensive??? I ve actually thought of takin it into a Guitar Center and saying , "how much store credit for this?" Id taken 2 in before and a few different guys were into them. But at the time I was still hoping to sell for more money on ebay.

bonesigh
04-10-2014, 03:56 PM
I don't currently have any tenors. I just sold the one I did have a few months ago. I have a nice little Pono concert I keep meaning to fix. I bought it with issues. She has 2 cracks on the back that I stabilized and I had to re attach the bridge. I was going to sell it and then noticed a buzz on the G string so I stopped the sale to fix it and just never got around to it. I put a chim in the nut just today but that was obviously not enough for it is buzzing in a different worse way now. I need to level the frets.

When I bought it for 300. My research indicated it was worth twice that. Now it's hard to find any info on this model and I can't find any that have the same sound hole design.
If you are interested here is the link to a vid about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TwuDpmBQ1A

Swampy Steve
04-11-2014, 04:03 AM
bonesigh,,, the video uke sounded nice. but I better hold out for a tenor. thank you though. Steve

bonesigh
04-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Okee dokee, good luck (:

Swampy Steve
04-15-2014, 08:14 AM
SOLD!!! thanks