Loopy HD App - Feel Good Inc (Gorrilaz)

ChrisDeston821

Reaction score

My cover of Feel Good Inc by Gorrilaz for Season 112.

I don't usually add a second thread for individual videos but I'm not sure how many people know about Loopy HD and I wanted to show a very basic idea of how it could be used. Do many multitrackers here play around with Loopy at all or are you guys more into loop pedals? Or multitrack a different way?
I've not had much practice with it and (barre my singing) this has turned out the best from all the bits I have done on it.

Chris that is very nice.. thanks for sharing the video and how you did it.

I have loopy HD and the Aiturn 4 pedal set. I think it's great. However I have not wrapped my head around doing this for a whole song, only to practice and play with it a bit.

the problem I have is controlling it smoothly and how to go beyond basic loops. I'd like to use it for longer tracks which is what I currently do with Garage band.

What I've done for recording (and mind you I'm just starting to explore multi track recording) is I use Garage band on my ipad with the Apogee Mic, or Jam input, and record several tracks (starting with a click track). once all the parts are set, I replay that through and amp all mixed in and then I video the main part I want to record... in the video from the link below I managed to switch (by adding two different videos) instruments for two different solos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS2k0JAeKsE

What I like about this method is for instance even the Cajon (percussion) can vary through the song instead of just being a constant loop.

If I can find a way to do this smoothly in real time with Loopy HD I would love to try it... For now my focus is in recording good takes on each of the instruments I use for the backing track then a smooth video.

I think you can multitask way better than I can *grin*

I play around with this with apogee jam input and irig blueboard. The blueboard pedal is great for handsfree operation. It would be great if there was some lessons for looping like some of Brittni's songs on YouTube.
Teenage dream

That was really cool Chris! love the tune and progression of how you built the loop. looping is a lot of fun

Top Bottom