Shortened Tenor Neck on a Kala Travel Type Body or Other Small Body

rappsy

Reaction score
Hi:

New to UU. First post.

Has anybody made or seen a shortened Tenor neck, maybe with the same amount of frets of a soprano, on a body that is small? I need the larger fret size of the tenor, but don't go very high on the neck and want one to travel with. It doesn't have to have an incredible sound. Just something to practice on that is small, compact and light?

Any ideas where to look?

Thx.

Lenny...

If you want Tenor spacing you gotta have Tenor scale....I Think:confused:...In fact I think you'd need a longer neck to fit a soprano body:(

Seems like an impossible set of requirements. To have a 17" tenor scale you need the 17" from the nut to the bridge (plus compensation). You can shorten the neck by changing where it joins the body....maybe at the 10th fret. But the bridge would have to move back toward the end of the body to keep 17". Eventually you run out of uke body. On a small body uke you run out of body even faster.

Seems like an impossible set of requirements. To have a 17" tenor scale you need the 17" from the nut to the bridge (plus compensation). You can shorten the neck by changing where it joins the body....maybe at the 10th fret. But the bridge would have to move back toward the end of the body to keep 17". Eventually you run out of uke body. On a small body uke you run out of body even faster.

Makes sense. I figured if you don't ask you don't know and you definitely don't get.

Top Bottom