iPad & Dropbox

Moore Bettah Ukuleles

Reaction score
I've got close to 3,000 song PDFs in Dropbox on my iPad. Apparently the only way I can view them is if I'm connected to the Internet which is inconvenient most of the time. I found that I can download them individually by saving each title as my "Favorites" but it would take forever to do so one by one. Is there a "helper app" or something else where I can download the whole bunch at one time? The entire file is about 500 MB.
TIA, Chuck

I don't know about transferring all your files, but I have been using the MyMedia app for song storage on my ipad for both pdf files and word documents.
It came in very handy on a recent trip to New Zealand

I use the app called 'Goodreader' for iPad. It will connect to your Dropbox and download all the files you select, in bulk. To make it easier, first 'Create Folder' in Dropbox, with all your files inside, then download the folder to 'Goodreader'. It's been great for me to have my music with me, without an internet connection.
BTW, there's a separate version for iphone.
Hope this helps!
- Pam

Hi Chuck,
I use the app OnSong and I have over 800 songs in it..it can back up to Drop box, and so you should be able to just add them all in bulk...I've been using it a few years and it works great for me.

I use iTunes file transfer with OnSong. Plug in the iPad to your computer, it will, or you launch iTunes. If you've set it to sync, it will and then do a backup. Click the iPad in the left sidebar, then click the Apps tab, then scroll to and choose the app you use for PDFs, OnSong in my case. Then I just grab all the song PDFs I have on my computer and drop them onto the OnSong window, or you can use the Add... button. You can disconnect the iPad because all the songs are now in OnSong.

In OnSong, I bring up my song list, touch the plus button at the bottom right, which goes to an import list, choose iTunes File Transfer and the list of PDFs I just transferred are there. You can select all, or choose songs individually.

Chuck,

When you are in DropBox, online, just swipe each file in turn and you will see an "overmenu" appear. One selection is a star: this is "Favorite". Touch the star and that file becomes a favorite. Select any file you like and do the swipe to it. All favorites are now saved to your iPad. (If this is not clear, go to the Help menu in DropBox and it will explain.)

You can now open your DropBox app, select any file you like, and read it. You can also move files you've downloaded into folders you create, categories, styles, etc. You can also select a file and use the file icon with an upward arrow (top of DropBox menu) and select "Open in..." if you'd rather.

Hope this helps.

I'm aware this is rather cheeky but would any of you be willing to share these collections? I've yet to sort that part out for my ipad yet as more often than not I'll just hit up ultimate guitar on the PC at home but with my confidence growing I'm hoping to get a bit more out and about, plus it's always nice when you've got someone else's stuff as they'll had something you've never thought/heard of before :)

I use onsong, but heads up, it's been very glitchy in the last few months on scrolling. Jumps around. Super annoying. Great ap tho, if you condense songs to one viewable page.

Top Bottom