Guranteed to drive Austin1 (Tina) Crazy!!!

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
On April 10, 1964, PEPSI Presents Walt Disney's "It's a small world" – a Salute to UNICEF and the World's Children openedat the 1964 New York World's Fair. The pavilion celebrated diversity around the world, and helped raise money for UNICEF - the United Nations Children's Fund.

Disney is doing a major 50th anniversary celebration this year - follow this link - and continues to raise money for UNICEF.

So even if the song makes you crazy, it is a part of American - and World - culture. (We started singing it when I was 7, in Third Grade.)

I don't have a WebCam, so I can't take part in the Big Celebration - instead here's my Small Celebration. After all, it's a small, small world.

Played on the Bugs Gear Aqulele Evaluation Ukulele, from Eleuke

I first heard it on the World of Tomorrow ride at the NY World's Fair in 1964! It was cute exactly one time.

The best part of It's a Small World? It's nice and cool inside and it takes about 9 minutes to get through it. And there's never, ever a line to get in. On a blazing hot Florida (or California) day, I'll tolerate ten thousand singing dollies for 9 minutes of comfortable coolness.

Top Bottom