Campanella style

Spud1$

Reaction score
I know that Campanella means little bell in italian but I don't know what it means in the Ukulele world. I've been working on the uke of Carl scales, when I read the forward it talks about Campanella style. Can any one explain this for me? Thanks

I've been playing out of John King's "The Classical Ukulele" a lot recently. King arranged and played in the campanella style. I understand it to mean playing notes of certain runs using different strings, which allows notes to ring longer than if they were played on the same string. The effect, when done well, is harp-like.

I've been playing out of John King's "The Classical Ukulele" a lot recently. King arranged and played in the campanella style. I understand it to mean playing notes of certain runs using different strings, which allows notes to ring longer than if they were played on the same string. The effect, when done well, is harp-like.
In your words it makes perfect sense, thank you

Wow, I've watched John King's videos over and over, but I didn';t know he was doing that. I'm spellbound by the sound and how easy he made it look. I'd love to play the style, but someone is gonna have to teach me how to do that....I'd rather play Bach and Mozart than any other music...

Thanks....I can't wait to try it....I'm off tomorrow......hmmmmm.....thank you!

Top Bottom