How is a RISA stick uke tuned?

blender

Reaction score
And thanks, I assumed it was gCEA. ;)
For some reason I've become interested the the RISA stick ukes, perhaps I should switch to decaf....
Anyhow I was curious: Will a standard clip-on tuner work? Where exactly would you clip it? Is there a tuner that plugs into the output jack?

A clip on tuner won't work. I use a non-clip on tuner for all my ukes...even my Risa sop. I like seiko brand.

I disagree. When I had a Risa concert stick, my Snark clip on tuner worked just fine. There's not much wood at the nut but enough to clip to. You could also get a guitar style tuner pedal plugged into the output jack but it will be quite a bit more expensive.

I disagree. When I had a Risa concert stick, my Snark clip on tuner worked just fine. There's not much wood at the nut but enough to clip to. You could also get a guitar style tuner pedal plugged into the output jack but it will be quite a bit more expensive.

I only use a clip on Snark on my RISA Stick.

Likewise. My Snark clip on works perfectly on my Risa Concert.

Good question about using the clip-on tuner. I'm almost ready to my RISA stick soprano video review and that is a point I will bring up. I use an Intelli IMT500 clip-on tuner and it barely fits on the end. It does work but it's a very delicate fit. One better not have shaky hands!

cheers,

Petey

I have used both a Peterson and $3 Reverb clip-on tuner on my tenor and they work just fine. Also, I bought my Risa on a kind of whim, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how much I like it. I personally really like the feel of the neck, the ability to play any time and not wake the family and, of course, the chance to really rock out. It's really small and sturdy, too, making it an excellent travel uke.

Top Bottom