Want To Buy: DaSilva Uke...Soprano, Concert or Tenor

sonomajazz

Reaction score
Time to pass it around...let others enjoy it for awhile...
Send me an email with pix and price.

sonomajazz at yahoo.com

Good luck in the search, if others feel about their DaSilva like me you may have to pry it from some cold dead hands.

I know...I had a DaSilva..and SOLD it...not likely to happen again.
I sent you an email.

When I first read your post I thought for sure I had seen you selling a DaSilva not all that long ago either here or on FMM. Koa concert if I recall correctly? I almost went for it but chose to go in an entirely different direction.

I seem to be gravitating more toward concert size these days and recently was entertaining the idea of selling my DaSilva soprano (I'm one of those rare uke players who doesn't like having unnecessary ukes sitting around). But I got it out and played it and - the "you'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands" reaction kicked in. Now it's all I want to play :)

If you're not getting inlay work, Mike's builds happen pretty fast (at least as of a couple years ago). Mine took all of two months from concept to completion.

There's one at Elderly Instruments right now but I can't find it on their website. It's either a concert or a tenor, can't remember. You'd have to call them and ask about it, and have them email you pictures.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...-DaSilva-3K-soprano&highlight=natalie+dasilva

Natalie had the prettiest DaSilva soprano I have ever seen, Fred, for sale in 2012 (God, I have been around here too long!) and, in the end at the time, she decided not to sell it and took it off the market. PM her and see if she's still game to sell it. She's super nice; I contacted her at the time and didn't buy it (Martin 3 style! DaSilva) only because my home property taxes were coming due and my town was gouging me and making an example out of me and acting like, "Oh, we're the big town and we have you by the short hairs and..."...well, that's a different tale of woe.

Paying property taxes?...instead of buying that beautiful ukulele from that nice woman? Next you'll be telling us you "had to use the money to buy food!"
I'm very disappointed Steve...

I have a beautiful DaSilva # 34 zirocote b/s and salvaged fir top that I don't think I could ever part with. Great action, feel and sound. Idid see on Elderly site thet had a thin body tenor you might check out if your inerested.

I have a beautiful DaSilva # 34 zirocote b/s and salvaged fir top that I don't think I could ever part with. Great action, feel and sound. Idid see on Elderly site thet had a thin body tenor you might check out if your inerested.

If you found it, post a link, it's hard to find anything on their site.

Hi Skinny,
I know what you mean about the site. I accidentally stumble on the pictures of #34 once in a while. I would love to post pictures, but so dumb on that stuff. I've got to learn as I have so many nice ukes to start selling.

Hi Skinny,
I know what you mean about the site. I accidentally stumble on the pictures of #34 once in a while. I would love to post pictures, but so dumb on that stuff. I've got to learn as I have so many nice ukes to start selling.

Here's #34 :)

034-SMCustom.jpg

Hi janeray,
Thanks for posting the pictures of my babe. The pictures really are just a reflection of #34's beauty. To see #34 the zirocote/salvage fir gives the appearance of bleeding/blending/mixing together. It was for sale used at Gryphon and I was stunned. I called Mr. DaSilva just to ask him about it and he contacted Gryphon and it ended up back in his hands. He went over it and contacted me and I bought it from him. A few years later, the bridge came off and I contacted him and he had me send it to him and re set the bridge and let me know I should never have that problem again. I could not even tell at all the bridge had been reset. When I bought it, I was fairly new to the uke world and it was my first soprano. I have acquired a few nice sopranos including a Glyph that is a stunner but overall if I was down to one soprano, I believe #34 is the one I would keep. In hindsight considering my ignorance of ukes at the time, I really did well for my first soprano. By the way, the beauty is only part of this beautiful uke, it has sound to match IMHO!

Hi janeray,
Thanks for posting the pictures of my babe. The pictures really are just a reflection of #34's beauty. To see #34 the zirocote/salvage fir gives the appearance of bleeding/blending/mixing together. It was for sale used at Gryphon and I was stunned. I called Mr. DaSilva just to ask him about it and he contacted Gryphon and it ended up back in his hands. He went over it and contacted me and I bought it from him. A few years later, the bridge came off and I contacted him and he had me send it to him and re set the bridge and let me know I should never have that problem again. I could not even tell at all the bridge had been reset. When I bought it, I was fairly new to the uke world and it was my first soprano. I have acquired a few nice sopranos including a Glyph that is a stunner but overall if I was down to one soprano, I believe #34 is the one I would keep. In hindsight considering my ignorance of ukes at the time, I really did well for my first soprano. By the way, the beauty is only part of this beautiful uke, it has sound to match IMHO!

Wow, you really did do well with your first soprano! And it's gorgeous, no doubt sounds as good as it looks. Haven't had any real issues with mine but your story about the bridge is pretty much in keeping with what I've heard from others: the man stands behind his work.

Top Bottom