New Ono Maple and Bloodwood Concert

Nice! Very pretty combination.

Of course, I'm hopelessly biased but here is what the owner said:

"This uke is incredible. Really different sounding from the mango concert. This one has much more projection and sustain while still retaining the warmth and clarity."

Last edited:
Wow, those sides look almost 3D! Well, I guess they are in three dimensions, but youknowwhutimean. :)

The sides, back and binding are a really lovely combination. The top is too yellow/light for my taste close to the gorgeous creamy maple.

Guess it's a good thing I went for a stunning walnut. :)

The bloodwood binding adds a nice dramatic touch. Beautiful!

I am the very fortunate owner of this ukulele. I will post a more complete review soon with sound sample but I am loving the sound of this uke more than I can explain with word. Even with fairly light gauge strings and a hi g this uke has a very full warm sound. Every note intonates well and has good volume. You can play all the way up the neck without having to drastically change how strong you on plucking the strings. Very even volume. The sustain and volume are much better than the average uke though not as intense as my KoAloha concert. But the richness of the tone is just incredible. And for this reason I much prefer it to the KoAloha. The Gotoh tuners are icing on the cake. Frankly, I prefer the look of PegHeds but these are even better as tuners. This is my new favorite uke.

Sound samples to come.

PS. Gorgeous pics David.

Man I wish I had the money for a Ono Concert right now. Another stunning example David. Congrats Doug. Does anyone want to buy some artwork? =)

Top Bottom