Reaction score
Some of the output this month:

8 string in dark curly koa...

8String.jpg

Burr elm:

burrelm.jpg

and the firefly design in birdseye maple:

birdsfirefly.jpg

There's a load of other stuff from plain to bling as well. Just got to get it all done! Here's some of it:

Current.jpg

That Burr Elm is SWEEEET! Wow, very cool. Thanks for sharing, Pete.

Dam, them gunna be NICE ones once they're finished.

can i have one? never hurts to ask! haha very nice pete!

Pete- the 8 string tenor is really a great looking instrument. I like the body shape you have chosen for the new tenor uklectics.

Awesome!

I have to say i am quite jealous. I too am making an electric tenor Uke and im pretty sure my wood body is not going to come out as awesome as yours have. I wasn't planning on using a body top and the body wood i have is Cherry. Congrats on the excellent looking ukes, i look forward to seeing the completed instruments.

Pete,

What kind of electronics do you install in the solid bodies? I've always been interested in making one for fun, but I've never had enough free time to get around to it.

Oh, I finally got that curly cutaway completely bent. I glued in the tail block today. Hopefully I'll be able to get the top glued up tomorrow, before anyone comes to work.

Wow, those look great, I've never seen burr elm but taht looks really cool, you should give yourself a pat of the back

Paul

Underthesaddle piezzo active. Nothing sophisticated. I figure that most people will use effects to get the right 'electric' sound so just a good pickup. I nearly have enough money together to ship that cherry and walnut. Should be with you in a month's time.

I hate curly koa for extreme bends. Florentine cutaways on ukes seem the best answer. I have just designed a tenor cutaway and the prototype is going to have a very slinky slotted headstock...

Top Bottom