PDA

View Full Version : Hey Seasonistas - I want to know your real name

UkeyDave
04-16-2014, 12:52 AM
Hey Seasonistas,

I realised a while ago that lots of people comment on my videos and on many occasions I don't know the real first names of people who comments.
So if you have UU username that doesn't have your name in it and feel able to share your name with me please just post your first name in this thread.
I wonder how many I can memorise?
Thanks you Seasonista friends.
:D

RAB11
04-16-2014, 12:54 AM
Hello Dave (if that's your real name) my name is Ryan and I'm a ukaholic. Thank you for letting me share.

Tootler
04-16-2014, 12:58 AM
I don't have my name in my UU username but it's in my YT username which is in my sig file, so Geoff

mythinformed
04-16-2014, 01:06 AM
My real names Lenny Kravitz but I use the pseudonym 'Benny Crabsticks' for obvious reasons.

Concertina
04-16-2014, 03:01 AM
I'm Maria! But I think that's pretty common knowledge. I always endeavor to hide my real name but Google won't let be be so shady...

��

bonesigh
04-16-2014, 03:10 AM
We've got a long list of names going at the Sesonista facebook page (:

Janet

UkeCan1
04-16-2014, 05:28 AM
My info is all in my signature. It used to not have my first name, but I added it for exactly this reason.
Wendy, UkeCan1 here and on YouTube, also Uke Can 2! duo (YT: UkeCanTwo) with FiL.

I highly encourage others to put this stuff in your signature - it really helps us get to know each other and connect.
I'd love for folks to also post their YouTube channels, if the name is significantly different from your UU handle.

And yes, I strongly encourage everyone who's willing to come join our Seasonista Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/groups/Seasonistas), where you can see most people's "real identities" and we have both a pinned post and a document where we list people's multiple identities to facilitate our interactions. www.facebook.com/groups/Seasonistas

(UkeyDave has already let me know he doesn't plan to join us there, and I'm sure there are others who also prefer to keep things here. But for those who are willing, I find it helps the connections a lot!)

Great thread, Dave! Thanks for starting it.

- Wendy

max2173
04-16-2014, 05:45 AM
No prizes for guessing my name.

greenie44
04-16-2014, 05:59 AM

First name? Would that be 2?

mythinformed
04-16-2014, 06:01 AM
His first name is 'Mad' .........I think he was named after a Mel Gibson film.

Tootler
04-16-2014, 06:06 AM

And yours, of course, is "44"

UkeyDave
04-16-2014, 06:07 AM
Hello Dave (if that's your real name) my name is Ryan and I'm a ukaholic. Thank you for letting me share.
It most certainly is my real name Ryan. I'm a ukaholic too. ;-)

mythinformed
04-16-2014, 06:09 AM
It most certainly is my real name Ryan. I'm a ukaholic too. ;-)
But what about your alto ego Sandra ? Lol

UkeyDave
04-16-2014, 06:20 AM
My real names Lenny Kravitz but I use the pseudonym 'Benny Crabsticks' for obvious reasons.
Thanks MARK.

UkeyDave
04-16-2014, 06:22 AM
I'm Maria! But I think that's pretty common knowledge. I always endeavor to hide my real name but Google won't let be be so shady...

��
Thanks Maria. No you CAN'T be Shady. Thats Casey. hee hee ;-)

UkeyDave
04-16-2014, 06:32 AM
My info is all in my signature. It used to not have my first name, but I added it for exactly this reason.
Wendy, UkeCan1 here and on YouTube, also Uke Can 2! duo (YT: UkeCanTwo) with FiL.

I highly encourage others to put this stuff in your signature - it really helps us get to know each other and connect.
I'd love for folks to also post their YouTube channels, if the name is significantly different from your UU handle.

And yes, I strongly encourage everyone who's willing to come join our Seasonista Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/groups/Seasonistas), where you can see most people's "real identities" and we have both a pinned post and a document where we list people's multiple identities to facilitate our interactions. www.facebook.com/groups/Seasonistas (http://www.facebook.com/groups/Seasonistas)

(UkeyDave has already let me know he doesn't plan to join us there, and I'm sure there are others who also prefer to keep things here. But for those who are willing, I find it helps the connections a lot!)

Great thread, Dave! Thanks for starting it.

- Wendy
Thanks Wendy. My plan is to attempt to memorise everyones name on here that I come into contact with. Yes, everyone. Gulp.

UkeyDave
04-16-2014, 06:33 AM

Yes thats easy. I think your parents could have been kinder though than to name you 2173 ;-)

Cornfield
04-16-2014, 09:55 AM
You will just have to guess my real name

UkeyDave
04-16-2014, 11:54 AM
You will just have to guess my real name
Here's an interesting fact for you John. If my great great grandmother had married the man who spawned my great grandfather in 1885, then my name would be David John Sargent and we would share surnames. As for the scurrilous Mr Sargent - can you guess his first name. Yep, it was JOHN. :-) All perfectly true stuff. Its a small world eh?

Cornfield
04-16-2014, 12:11 PM
Here's an interesting fact for you John. If my great great grandmother had married the man who spawned my great grandfather in 1885, then my name would be David John Sargent and we would share surnames. As for the scurrilous Mr Sargent - can you guess his first name. Yep, it was JOHN. :-) All perfectly true stuff. Its a small world eh?

If he were to come back from the grave, he might say "Uke, I am your father"

For more on scurrilous Sargent's, refer to the manual http://www.amazon.com/Saw-Dust-Leonard-Sargent/dp/1439205884/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397682657&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=sawdust+len+sargent

UkeyDave
04-16-2014, 12:39 PM
If he were to come back from the grave, he might say "Uke, I am your father"

For more on scurrilous Sargent's, refer to the manual http://www.amazon.com/Saw-Dust-Leonard-Sargent/dp/1439205884/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397682657&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=sawdust+len+sargent

Mine are all John's, William's and Henry's right back to 1727 in Slawston, England. 21 miles from my present home location so they've been here for quite some time. :-)

bird's eye view of my ukelele
04-16-2014, 12:49 PM
great idea for a thread, dave

i think people know, but just to confirm, my name's lynda. with a y just to be awkward

(and y not? ;) )

redpaul1
04-16-2014, 03:32 PM
http://www.ifihadablogitwouldlooklikethis.com/Images/thefarside.jpg

Jazzbanjorex
04-16-2014, 03:42 PM

Umm, what's it start with? (wink)

Jazzbanjorex
04-16-2014, 03:43 PM
I think mine's easy to figure out. It's Jazz.

Jazzbanjorex
04-16-2014, 03:45 PM

i think people know, but just to confirm, my name's lynda. with a y just to be awkward

(and y not? ;) )

People kept putting BEV for your name so for a while I thought you were a Beverly. I figured it out....

Concertina
04-16-2014, 03:46 PM
People kept putting BEV for your name so for a while I thought you were a Beverly. I figured it out....

HAHA me to. For the longest time.

decaturcomp
04-16-2014, 08:18 PM
I started keeping a list just in order to be friendlier a while back. At one point on the Seasons FB page we asked for additional info for folks who wanted to share it. I haven't updated it lately but here's the gist of it:

UU Names
ajlm - Ang (TCK's sis)all4uke - Vance
austin1 - Tina
Barbalanca - Berni Armstrong YT The Berni Armstrong
Barefoot Gypsy - Lesley
Birds Eye View of my Ukulele - Lynda
bonesigh - Janet Tolin YT tippytoetoli, Mama Uke, My Original Songs and Parodies
caukulele - Denise Silva YT DeniseSilva
cturner - Craig
cua94 - Liz
decaturcomp - Alan Thornton YT http://www.youtube.com/user/alantphornton TW @decaturcomp alan@thornton.net
Dwitt - D.E. Wittkower YT dwittkower
erivel - Eric
EugueneUkulele - Jon YT Butterflybandito FB Hippie Dribble
fgyar - Ray
FiL - FiL Wisnewski on FB YT and Soundcloud also Uke Can 2! on FB and YT
Frisbee Fred on UU and YT - Fred Grubb
greenie - Rick
greyghost - Luis Amadeo Cordon YT greyghost1964
hochapefarm - Chelle
J-peg -
jazzbanjorex - Rex Powell - YT Jazzbanjorex FB Jazzbanjorex
Joejalepeno-Oliver
jinxi-Jen
joeygibson - Joey Gibson YT joey2048
krabbers - Mike
lagrainger - Laura
Kale'a
lelouden - Linda
librainian - Andrew
lumpy wafflesquirt - Robin Shaw YT: Lumpy Wafflesquirt
mattydee - Matt Daniels YT mattydee1776 or just Matt Daniels
Nongdam - Dan
oldephart - John
pabrizzer - Brian
PeterPereBournrick - Michael
rem20 - Dean
Rustyy - Russell Kingsbury YT Rustyy
shady wilbury- Casey Bee YouTube: www.youtube.com/ShadySidebury (http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2FShadySidebu ry&h=IAQFM8ifz&s=1)
Stephen Reed - Steve

Strumsilly - Andy
Superpilot - David
srax - Sara
The Cloverdale Kid - Dave
thesillydave - Dave FB-sparky's roadhouse cafe, YT-thesillydave
Thomdawg = Thom Pallozola YT Blea Bitten Dawgs
Tootler - Geoff Walker YT: TootlinGeoff

Ukuleoonie - Drew
uke4ia - Jim Persky YT uke4ia
UkeCan1 - Wendy FB: Wendy Keilin / YT: www.youtube.com/user/UkeCan1 (http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FUkeC an1&h=gAQF_lKC_&s=1) duo w/FiL: Uke Can 2! / www.youtube.com/user/UkeCanTwo (http://www.youtube.com/user/UkeCanTwo) / FB page: www.facebook.com/UkeCan2 (http://www.facebook.com/UkeCan2)
ukelites - The Ukelites - Miri Hein and Steffen www.Facebook.com/TheUkelites (http://www.facebook.com/TheUkelites)
ululeledaveey - Davee Minty Mascall YT UkuleleDaveey
ukeeku - Tim Szerlong
ukuleledaddy - Sean McCarty YT ukuleledaddy
UkuLily Mars - Lily Mars YT lilymarswrites

unluckymum - Caroline Angela
we tigers - Michael van Loozen and Saskia YT and FB wetigersukesongs
weerpool - John
wolfchs - Mina
xommen - Wim Van Ommen YT xommen

04-16-2014, 09:59 PM
lol! yeah, jazz ;) i rather like BEV now, and am happy to answer to it!

redpaul - i love that cartoon!

I started keeping a list just in order to be friendlier a while back.
lovely idea and super list

*steals it*

filipinouker
04-16-2014, 10:10 PM
I have been called Shaggy since the day I was born.
Seriously. :D

I was given 3 proper first names for my christening, but these names only get used for stuff like passports, banks, marriage certificate, drivers license, and other official stuff.

Everybody else calls me Shaggy. Sometimes folk get confused and call me Scooby. Or Scruffy. Or Scraggly. :D

Hope no one here is offended.......

filipinouker
04-16-2014, 10:14 PM
I started keeping a list just in order to be friendlier a while back. At one point on the Seasons FB page we asked for additional info for folks who wanted to share it. I haven't updated it lately but here's the gist of it:

That list is soooo helpful Alan!

And redpaul --- that cartoon is brilliant!

UkeyDave
04-16-2014, 10:28 PM
Gustavson Frederick Augustus McDougall III.

You can call me Fred if you like.
That should throw everyone off the scent Jon. ;-)

filipinouker
04-16-2014, 10:37 PM
...and when you get trouble with your mamma. :p

What are you insinuating, Gustavson??? I never ever got into trouble! ;)

mythinformed
04-17-2014, 12:01 AM
Isn't it just a simple case of if you stick around long enough you get to know names naturally anyway albeit through direct contact, thread posts, comments on YT or via the network of contacts you already have?

Although Alan is the exception to the rule and should keep a list, he's called me Mythinformed, Mark and now its Myth (which I kinda like) !! Lol

Tootler
04-17-2014, 12:44 AM
Isn't it just a simple case of if you stick around long enough you get to know names naturally anyway albeit through direct contact, thread posts, comments on YT or via the network of contacts you already have?

Although Alan is the exception to the rule and should keep a list, he's called me Mythinformed, Mark and now its Myth (which I kinda like) !! Lol

Seems appropriate as your location is Mythical :nana:

max2173
04-17-2014, 02:28 AM
My full name is Max Lubin Larkins-Waugh. Yes, seriously. My mum wanted to call me Maximillion as well but she got told no by my dad. (I'd prefer Maximilian anyway!) I have a step-dad nowadays whose surname is Barnett so I'm seriously considering changing my name to:

Maximilian Lubin Barnett Larkins-Waugh.

Is that overkill?

Zaki
04-17-2014, 04:45 AM
I've only recorded one video but...my name is Natalia. But you can call me Zaki also :) even my dad does sometimes!

RAB11
04-17-2014, 05:28 AM
My full name is Max Lubin Larkins-Waugh. Yes, seriously. My mum wanted to call me Maximillion as well but she got told no by my dad. (I'd prefer Maximilian anyway!) I have a step-dad nowadays whose surname is Barnett so I'm seriously considering changing my name to:

Is that overkill?

Not overkill at all. In fact it's the bare minimum.

UkeyDave
04-17-2014, 08:59 AM

I have a question.
How do you get to know someone's name "naturally?" The natural way I usually find out someone's name is either they introduce themselves or I ask them? No one is being forced into divulging anything they don't want to. If someone doesn't want to tell me their name then thats equally fine. This thread was only created for people who would like to share their name and are more than happy to do so.

UkeyDave
04-17-2014, 09:02 AM

Is that overkill?
Hahaha brilliant Max. lol

actadh
04-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Mine is in my signature, but it is a recent addition. I also like the use of first names here. So far, I am a seasonista lurker.

Pueo
04-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Aloha folks, my name is Damon. Some of you knew that already...

ksiegel
04-17-2014, 11:50 AM
Well, since I always sign my messages "Kurt", and my user name is "ksiegel", I think
it is safe to say that I'm "Kurt Siegel".

Although on Ravelry (Think of UU for knitters, crocheters, and spinners...), I'm known as "nancyshusband".

-Kurt

Lumpy Wafflesquirt
04-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Call me what you like as long as it isn't late for dinner.

Lumpy

Concertina
04-17-2014, 12:50 PM

Lumpy

Mmmm dinner.

I wonder if my manslave is finished cooking yet...

Oh wait...John...I mean John....*cough*. (Shhh don't tell him I said that...)

Jazzbanjorex
04-17-2014, 01:22 PM
What about non specific locations? Like Oklahoma, USA

And on FB I'm "Rex Jazzbanjorex Powell". My wife asked me why I put the Jazzbanjorex as my middle name and I said because of the Seasonistas that I was making contacts with on FB.

I do have a Jazzbanjorex fan page but I'm my only fan so it not used much because I already know the Jazzbanjorex news before the Host of the site can post it.

mythinformed
04-17-2014, 01:42 PM
I have a question.
How do you get to know someone's name "naturally?" The natural way I usually find out someone's name is either they introduce themselves or I ask them? .
Peoples names will 'naturally' appear time after time if you stick around long enough as I've said, theres no great science in working out someones name when they are being adressed by it by others throughout the Seasons and on YT.
Its a matter of preference rather than an anominity Issue as you suggest.
Some of us are more casual in our approach and some like yourself prefer a more formal Introduction ..........vive la difference.

caukulele
04-17-2014, 01:51 PM
My name is Denise, and my husband's name (who often sings with me) is Ray....and Tia is the dog who sometimes opens the video..but most often she just sleeps under the desk when we do a song.

Tootler
04-17-2014, 02:12 PM
... But you can call me Zaki also :) even my dad does sometimes!

I was always known by my full name, Geoffrey at home but since my mother died, even my father has started shortening it to Geoff.

greyghost
04-17-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm Luis (some of you already know that). Hi y'all!

wee_ginga_yin
04-17-2014, 07:40 PM
A Finnish proverb: A much loved child has many names

lelouden
04-17-2014, 08:05 PM

Yes! Thats why they called me Loud Mouth Lime and Screamy Meamy and Late for dinner. I was a much loved child...And I prefer not to share such personal information!

lindalouden

UkeyDave
04-17-2014, 10:29 PM

Lumpy
OK Batman, will do ;-)

UkeyDave
04-17-2014, 10:35 PM
Peoples names will 'naturally' appear time after time if you stick around long enough as I've said, theres no great science in working out someones name when they are being adressed by it by others throughout the Seasons and on YT.
Its a matter of preference rather than an anominity Issue as you suggest.
Some of us are more casual in our approach and some like yourself prefer a more formal Introduction ..........vive la difference.
Who said I like formal introductions and non casual approach? I don't recall ever implying or stating that.
The thing is Mark the completely innocent reasons behind my request may NOT be completely obvious to you but will be when I explain. Which I will do later on. Keep em peeled. ;-)

UkeyDave
04-17-2014, 10:37 PM
Yep, you have a point Rob, Robert, Bob or is it Bobby? :D

UkeyDave
04-18-2014, 01:56 AM
My name is Denise, and my husband's name (who often sings with me) is Ray....and Tia is the dog who sometimes opens the video..but most often she just sleeps under the desk when we do a song.
Thank you Denise, Ray and of course not forgetting Tia. ;-)

UkeyDave
04-18-2014, 02:08 AM
I'm Luis (some of you already know that). Hi y'all!
Yes indeed Luis. Not to mention your talented nameless Son. ;-) Hi y'all too.

UkeyDave
04-18-2014, 02:10 AM
What about non specific locations? Like Oklahoma, USA

And on FB I'm "Rex Jazzbanjorex Powell". My wife asked me why I put the Jazzbanjorex as my middle name and I said because of the Seasonistas that I was making contacts with on FB.

I do have a Jazzbanjorex fan page but I'm my only fan so it not used much because I already know the Jazzbanjorex news before the Host of the site can post it.

Hahahaha. Very witty Rex.

UkeyDave
04-18-2014, 02:11 AM
We've got a long list of names going at the Sesonista facebook page (:

Janet
You have indeed Janet. Thats helpful too. Thanks.

UkeyDave
04-18-2014, 02:18 AM

(and y not? ;) )
I was once married to a Lyn with a 'Y' so I'm not likely to forget that anytime soon. lol

UkeyDave
04-18-2014, 02:48 AM
I've only recorded one video but...my name is Natalia. But you can call me Zaki also :) even my dad does sometimes!
Thank you Natalia. Lets have some more videos from you. I love to hear some of the Spanish language even though I don't understand a word of it ;-)

UkeyDave
04-18-2014, 02:49 AM
Mine is in my signature, but it is a recent addition. I also like the use of first names here. So far, I am a seasonista lurker.
Thanks Laura. Do you have a you tube site?

UkeyDave
04-18-2014, 02:55 AM
Aloha folks, my name is Damon. Some of you knew that already...
Did you know your homepage link doesn't work Damon?

UkeyDave
04-18-2014, 02:57 AM
Well, since I always sign my messages "Kurt", and my user name is "ksiegel", I think

Although on Ravelry (Think of UU for knitters, crocheters, and spinners...), I'm known as "nancyshusband".

-Kurt

Great stuff Kurt or should I call you nancyshusband? lol

Booli
04-18-2014, 02:58 AM
This is a great topic.

Staring at a pocket watch swinging like a pendulum:

"My name is Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire, I own a mansion and a yacht."
(now repeat ad infinitum)...

No, But seriously, my 'name' is so complicated.

Booli on UU.

Booli Deano on YouTube, GMail and G+.

Can't/Won't/Don't Care to touch the pure evil (privacy nightmare) that is FaceBook, so no name for me for that 'service'.

UkeyDave
04-18-2014, 03:00 AM
Yes! Thats why they called me Loud Mouth Lime and Screamy Meamy and Late for dinner. I was a much loved child...And I prefer not to share such personal information!

lindalouden
I can't imagine you being a Screamy Meamy for one second Linda. lol

UkeyDave
04-18-2014, 03:34 AM
This is a great topic.

No, But seriously, my 'name' is so complicated.

Booli on UU.

Booli Deano on YouTube, GMail and G+.

Can't/Won't/Don't Care to touch the pure evil (privacy nightmare) that is FaceBook, so no name for me for that 'service'.

and 'For The Record', 'Booli' is a made-up nickname that I was given as a child, and has no mysterious ethnic origins...

When I first joined UU, I was contacted via PM by one very unfriendly UU member who thought I was either muslim or punjabi (because of the sound of my name) and wanted me to admit to being actively anti-American, and was talking like he had the power to summon a lynch mob to punish anyone not a member of his 'clan'...[seriously!]...he was so determined to prove his point over the span of about 15 one-liner Private Messages. Luckily he stopped, otherwise the mods would have been alerted. Up to now, he is not a Seasonista, otherwise there might have been some unnecessary 'friction'.

I do not tolerate bullies, nor malicious ignorance.

My Great Grandparents came through Ellis Island like SO MANY OTHERS, and then the next three generations of my family (which includes myself) were born here on this continent as American citizens. My sister has created the 4th generation with 2 kiddos thus far.

EDIT: I might add that ANONYMITY to an extent is important and Booli is very different from my birth name/legal name.

I have three reasons why that I will share:

1) There are extreme consequences with regard to how Google is pumping your profile for information, reselling it to parties unknown without your consent, tracking your activity and NARROWING your search results. FaceBook is similar but MUCH worse. Booli/Booli Deano is ONLY ever used for ukulele-related functions and I have a different profile for other purposes.

2) Five years ago I had an incident with an internet stalker, who showed up at my home, threatening myself and my family with bodily harm. Her actions were derived from her own self-inflicted delusions. This mentally unstable person even defied a restraining order in an attempt to poison my dog. She is now serving time in a prison mental hospital. Since and because of this incident, my birth/legal name is a very closely guarded secret on public forums.

3) Both in my work life and family life, there are still folks of painfully limited empathy or imagination that would use my interest in the ukulele as an excuse to ridicule me, or otherwise limit my opportunities (as proven by their past actions - yes, unfortunately evil lurks everywhere). These three realms will all remain completely separate unless a specific exception is made. I can not afford to have my ukulele experience ruined by someone who is either sadistic or evil, and I can not allow those folks in my business relationships to think of me as 'less serious' or 'weird' because of my interest in a 'toy instrument' (their words). Some people do not get the privilege by default and therefore must EARN it after proving themselves worthy.

So just think of Booli Deano as my 'ukulele superhero identity'.

Just to re-iterate. I'm certainly NOT asking anyone to tell me their name who wants to remain anonymous. In fact I think you will find that I specifically used the words "first name" and "if you want to". I'm all for individuals choosing for themselves what and whether or not they wish to tell me.

Booli
04-18-2014, 05:13 AM
Just to re-iterate. I'm certainly NOT asking anyone to tell me their name who wants to remain anonymous. In fact I think you will find that I specifically used the words "first name" and "if you want to". I'm all for individuals choosing for themselves what and whether or not they wish to tell me.

Hi UkeyDave,

I just wanted to let you know that I understood your intent. I thank you very much for creating this thread. Many have asked me about my name.

Now you have provided a place where I could explain without having to make a self-serving thread about myself, I apologize if my post was too far afield of the original question.

As far as my own learning the true names of others, at first I saw folks 'sign' their messages with their real name, and other times, they would 'sign' a PM reply. Some folks that I wanted to talk with via PM, I would ask them INSIDE the PM if they could share their first name. Thus far nobody has refused. It feels strange to me to say 'hey, whats YOUR name?', but sometimes there is just no other way than to be direct.

It's all good to me. :)

UkeyDave
04-18-2014, 05:51 AM
OK I suppose I should have explained this in my FIRST thread request but to be honest I didn't have either the time OR the inclination but now I do so here goes for anyone who is interested in the slightest in my motives for asking whats your name.

For as long as I can remember I have been completely rubbish at remembering peoples names. I never ever forget a face but I do until very recently have a dreadful record of recalling someone's name. I could meet people and forget their names within minutes. Its very lazy of me and I have gradually become worse at it. So......
I thought it was about time I did something to put this right as people always seem to appreciate it when you remember their name after having only met them briefly and seeing them again weeks or months later. As a psychology grad I knew the problem was not with my memory but the way I used it (or didn't in the case of names). So in a nutshell I have had some tuition in how to remember names. To do this I aim to remember EVERYONES name who I encounter. I am even remembering the names of weather presenters on the TV just for further practice. Now what better way to put this to the test than to learn and more importantly remember every seasonista who posts to the seasons. As long as I have seen their face and learned their name my goal is to remember what that is. Up to now I probably have a 95% success rate which is pretty impressive considering that I have literally learned dozens and dozens of new names over the last week or so. So the method learned seems to be working.

So up to now I have managed to memorise every one of you who have posted here AND the ones kindly supplied on lists by others. To do this I have had to painstakingly find a video for each one I didn't know and make sure I could watch one of their videos (that was the fun bit) because for it to work I have to have seen their face.
So there you have it. You have helped me with my appalling memory for names so thank you all (well almost all) very much. Oh and keep em coming (the real ones that is).

P.S. I won't be memorising Lenny Kravitz, Benny Crabsticks or Gustavson Frederick Augustus McDougall III anytime soon, because they are not your real names are they Mark and Jon. (although you've probably fallen asleep long before reaching the end of this message) ;-)

Adios from
Dave (yes really) :D

lelouden
04-18-2014, 06:27 AM
OK I suppose I should have explained this in my FIRST thread request but to be honest I didn't have either the time OR the inclination but now I do so here goes for anyone who is interested in the slightest in my motives for asking whats your name.

For as long as I can remember I have been completely rubbish at remembering peoples names. I never ever forget a face but I do until very recently have a dreadful record of recalling someone's name. I could meet people and forget their names within minutes. Its very lazy of me and I have gradually become worse at it. So......
I thought it was about time I did something to put this right as people always seem to appreciate it when you remember their name after having only met them briefly and seeing them again weeks or months later. As a psychology grad I knew the problem was not with my memory but the way I used it (or didn't in the case of names). So in a nutshell I have had some tuition in how to remember names. To do this I aim to remember EVERYONES name who I encounter. I am even remembering the names of weather presenters on the TV just for further practice. Now what better way to put this to the test than to learn and more importantly remember every seasonista who posts to the seasons. As long as I have seen their face and learned their name my goal is to remember what that is. Up to now I probably have a 95% success rate which is pretty impressive considering that I have literally learned dozens and dozens of new names over the last week or so. So the method learned seems to be working.

So up to now I have managed to memorise every one of you who have posted here AND the ones kindly supplied on lists by others. To do this I have had to painstakingly find a video for each one I didn't know and make sure I could watch one of their videos (that was the fun bit) because for it to work I have to have seen their face.
So there you have it. You have helped me with my appalling memory for names so thank you all (well almost all) very much. Oh and keep em coming (the real ones that is).

P.S. I won't be memorising Lenny Kravitz, Benny Crabsticks or Gustavson Frederick Augustus McDougall III anytime soon, because they are not your real names are they Mark and Jon. (although you've probably fallen asleep long before reaching the end of this message) ;-)

Adios from
Dave (yes really) :D

I think that is a great thing to do Dave. I started a list off the FB page that I saved to my desktop for the exact same purpose. I love this thread. It has had me laughing out loud and puzzled at the same time. I am now able to remember most peoples names with out my cheat sheet...remembering how to spell their names is an all together different subject for me. I can't spell at all and spell check doesn't know what to do with me so they make up some pretty interesting things for me:) If I don't spell a name right I get a correction from the individual letting me know I am a buffoon and thats ok with me. I know the name and in my book thats what matters Windy Wendy Ginny Genny Janet Janis Lynda Linda. My point is I am like Dave. I forget a name and a number as soon as it comes out of someones mouth so if I've come close I've done a great thing:) I do realize how bothersome it is to have your name spelled wrong...just as bothersome to most to get it wrong so I am trying to fix that problem and I apologize to any and all whom I have misspelled...keep the corrections coming please!

And Yes, I know I spelled Screamy Meamy wrong! Its Screamy Mimi you buffoon!

CeeJay
04-18-2014, 06:32 AM
I think that is a great thing to do Dave. I started a list off the FB page that I saved to my desktop for the exact same purpose. I love this thread. It has had me laughing out loud and puzzled at the same time. I am now able to remember most peoples names with out my cheat sheet...remembering how to spell their names is an all together different subject for me. I can't spell at all and spell check doesn't know what to do with me so they make up some pretty interesting things for me:) If I don't spell a name right I get a correction from the individual letting me know I am a buffoon and thats ok with me. I know the name and in my book thats what matters Windy Wendy Ginny Genny Janet Janis Lynda Linda. My point is I am like Dave. I forget a name and a number as soon as it comes out of someones mouth so if I've come close I've done a great thing:) I do realize how bothersome it is to have your name spelled wrong...just as bothersome to most to get it wrong so I am trying to fix that problem and I apologize to any and all whom I have misspelled...keep the corrections coming please!

And Yes, I know I spelled Screamy Meamy wrong! Its Screamy Mimi you buffoon!

Gasp....I used to act the buffoon ....now I simply play it instead..........:D

UkeyDave
04-21-2014, 08:58 AM
A Prompt for you.

Sammu
04-21-2014, 11:22 AM
Hi Dave, I think this is a great idea because usernames can be quite confusing. My name is Samantha or Sam for short. At this moment I am actually struggling to remember my username here - how embarrassing is that!!! My YouTube channel is 4Uke. I actually have 2 YT channels because I am also a classical guitarist and can only use my name for one channel - so that is probably even more confusing. Anyway, I think it is a good idea for people to out their names in their signature. :)

UkeyDave
04-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Hi Dave, I think this is a great idea because usernames can be quite confusing. My name is Samantha or Sam for short. At this moment I am actually struggling to remember my username here - how embarrassing is that!!! My YouTube channel is 4Uke. I actually have 2 YT channels because I am also a classical guitarist and can only use my name for one channel - so that is probably even more confusing. Anyway, I think it is a good idea for people to out their names in their signature. :)

Wow Sam. I just checked out your Classical guitar you tube page and was just blown away by this. I've always loved this piece and once saw John Williams in Concert and was so impressed by his marvellous playing. Your interpretation of this piece is just perfect. I just had to share the link here. Thanks Sam for introducing me to your other site. This is just wonderful and I found it deeply moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t56RlBXJkWU

Sammu
04-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Thanks Dave! Making this video was like a dream come true. John Williams played Recuerdos as an encore at the end of the 1st guitar concert I ever went to. I was 10 and that was the defining moment of my life - I just wanted to be able to play that piece :) Thanks for reminding me of that video - I feel very lucky to have been able to do that.

UkeyDave
04-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Are there anymore?

ukuleledaddy
04-25-2014, 06:41 AM
Dave, I appreciate your predicament, having had a hard time myself remembering names. I used to be a bartender and had a horrible time remembering people's names, even regulars I would see almost every night. I always remembered their drinks, but for some reason their names were hard for me.

Anyway, my kids often call me Mr. Stinky Poopoo Butt Head, but you can call me Sean.

mattydee
04-25-2014, 07:28 AM
I think I'm on Alan's list, but you can call me Matty or Matt.

UkeCan1
04-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Dave, I appreciate your predicament, having had a hard time myself remembering names. I used to be a bartender and had a horrible time remembering people's names, even regulars I would see almost every night. I always remembered their drinks, but for some reason their names were hard for me.

Anyway, my kids often call me Mr. Stinky Poopoo Butt Head, but you can call me Sean.

Oh, but it's so much more fun to call you Mr. Stinky Poopoo Butt!

Sean, I just FB messaged you and Andrew. My dear long-distance friend Mark, who lives in Montana, is, at this very moment, in Eugene, and is planning to buy a uke in Portland to bring home with him, so I can teach him some uke stuff remotely and he can join us in all the Seasonal fun we're having here. So check your FB messages, and if you can help him out at all, I hope you will.

Ralf too ... we're not FB connected or I'd have added you to the conversation there, but feel free to connect that way or by PM here, and I will hook you up.

watchyourtoes
04-26-2014, 06:08 AM
My name is Winston. Most of my friends call me Winnie, which I prefer. I think Winnie fits my goofy/clumsy/awkward personality better. "watchyourtoes" is the handle I use for most of my online accounts. It's from a time that always makes me smile, over a decade ago, when some of my former coworkers accidentally wrote a hip-hop/funk-fusion song.
Haha, I'll explain that a little too. There were three separate conversations going on in the kitchen of a pizza restaurant I used to operate when I was fresh out of high school. The first contributor was a coworker on the phone with his wife, the second was a coworker directing another to "break down" empty cardboard boxes and the third was a delivery guy with pushing a fully-loaded dolly of new stock.
With perfect, rhythmic, but accidental timing, three different conversations produced:
"I got no love for hoes"
"Break it down"
"Watch your toes"

Everyone noticed it right away and we spent 10 minutes laughing about it before we finally got back to work. Years later, and several beers deep apiece, we added some lyrics and music and lyrics and recorded it as a what sounded like a group of unsuccessful James Brown impersonators. "Watchyourtoes" is the official dance song of my small group of friends and of a carefree time in my life I often miss.

But, anywho..... Yeah, uh....... My name is actually Winston, haha.

TCK
04-26-2014, 05:09 PM
In the seventies and eighties, the most important writer on Reggae music lived in England (because Reggae was never to popular in the states unless it is Bob Marley...and only Catch a Fire), and went by the moniker "Penny Reel". Still does, and in fact I am not to sure many really know his real name.
In any event- I moderated for a long time a forum he posted to all the time, and he, in spite of what he gave the Reggae Community, is a real jerk often. I slapped his hand and blocked him from doing so for 48 hours, with the warning that if he attacked someone again he was going to be banned.
In his wisdom, he decided the best possible course was to attack me, and that he did. He wrote an incredible diatribe with an old west theme about a new Sheriff in town laying down the law against the established hierarchy of Reggae-dom that was most self-important...and completely back-fired. The protagonist in his tale was The Cloverdale Kid.
Who is also known as Dave.

lelouden
04-26-2014, 05:18 PM

Hmmm... One of those kinda guys! :smileybounce:

TCK
04-26-2014, 05:19 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vzi0z2iOQ8&index=7&list=FL1xday0NyeuItGfSKVnR8-w

Rustyy
04-26-2014, 08:56 PM
Hi Dave, just caught up with this thread. As you have seen from the list that Alan supplied, my name is actually Russell.
Rusty is something I have used when talking to myself, but very few people call me that. The reason for the 2 "y"s is that Rusty was obviously taken already, and having 2 "y"s was the easiest addition from a typing point of view.

buc mcmaster
04-27-2014, 02:07 PM
Buc is actually Michael........who knows what the correlation may be.

Played guitar from 1972 until I bought a ukulele in 2011, a right handed Collings that was great, and after struggling with it for a couple months I traded it in and custom ordered the left handed Collings I have now, received a year ago this month. Sold the last guitar last November and am now a happy uker!

UkeyDave
04-30-2014, 04:48 AM
In the seventies and eighties, the most important writer on Reggae music lived in England (because Reggae was never to popular in the states unless it is Bob Marley...and only Catch a Fire), and went by the moniker "Penny Reel". Still does, and in fact I am not to sure many really know his real name.
In any event- I moderated for a long time a forum he posted to all the time, and he, in spite of what he gave the Reggae Community, is a real jerk often. I slapped his hand and blocked him from doing so for 48 hours, with the warning that if he attacked someone again he was going to be banned.
In his wisdom, he decided the best possible course was to attack me, and that he did. He wrote an incredible diatribe with an old west theme about a new Sheriff in town laying down the law against the established hierarchy of Reggae-dom that was most self-important...and completely back-fired. The protagonist in his tale was The Cloverdale Kid.
Who is also known as Dave.
Of course, I already knew your name. But I didn't know the story behind it. Great story Dave and hey, you have a great name too. ;-)

IamNoMan
01-13-2015, 05:21 PM

-Kurt
When I first contacted Wendy; She suggested there has been some conjecture that I might not be a man. That's true I'm a Hobbit.

When I first joined UU I was uncertain whether there were "Trolls Lurking about" So I fell back on my Scholarly Nom de Plume: IamNoMan. - Thank you Homer! Fortunately UU seems to be a Troll Free Zone. My other usernames are "Lao Tse" and "Otto Halfhand". - I have rather many Post-Polio Disability issues. I also wear a leg brace so many call me "Click".

My given Name is Thomas Patrick Michael Coughlin. I come from a large Irish Catholic Family -Like to Dance, No sense of rhythm. I my family all the tommys are called by their middle initial or name. Thomas P, Thomas A, Thomas Edward.......

On Ravelry My wife's handle is "SpinKnitSusan", She calls me ..... Oh never mind!

jagcorps
01-13-2015, 06:25 PM
My name is Allen.

I'm married and have two kids. I've been both an enlisted member in the Army and now an Officer in the Air Force reserve. I put bad guys in jail....at least, I try.

I'm an attorney by day, working from home (when I'm not at the base or teaching a class at Alma mater law school) so I can spend time with my family and my hobbies, of which there are a few.

I practice Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to keep my body healthy, I play a fair amount of chess to keep my mind healthy and I play a lot of music to keep my spirit healthy.

Popster999
01-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Hi All,
This is a good idea!
My name is Bill. Although I may comment on your YT shares from different accounts (because I often forget to change ID when signing in), my primary YT ID is thepopster999.

SpruceCreekPickers
01-13-2015, 08:56 PM
My name is Priscilla, I have just joined the Seasonistas at 150. Spruce Creek Pickers is the name that we gave to our neighborhood weekly strum group. After a few years most of the group has either grown up or moved away. My husband Chris and I still use the name. He does not have a You tube account so we use mine. We are just learning how to make videos, so we don't know how to make titles or to multi track. We are having a good time trying to figure it all out! Very much enjoying all the ukulele fun and are happy to be involved in this community.

lelouden
01-14-2015, 11:57 AM
Thank you Thomas, Allen, Bill, Priscilla and Chris for getting this started again. Glad to met you and learn a little more about you all. It is nice to know you newer members a little better.

hendulele
01-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Hi there! I'm Rick. I've been playing for about 15 months and joined the Seasons at 151. I joined a local uke jam several months ago and have participated in one half-day workshop. I find my brief daily strumming routine very relaxing. For awhile, I thought all I might do is make a joyful, occasionally tuneful noise, but I can tell I'm getting more of a feel for the logic of chord progressions.

Also, I appreciated the probably undeserved positive comments on my initial Seasoning. Maybe I'll get some better photographic equipment and learn to do some effects. For now, though, it's a blast rehearsing a song frequently enough to want to record it for others to see. So thanks for that, UU and to Ukey Dave (who I never got to know, even virtually) for helping bring so many of us together!

Debby
01-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Deb or Debby...whichever you want to call me. My grandpa called me Flossie. lol

joo
01-14-2015, 03:07 PM
Hello! this is what I wrote under the "about" over at my YT channel:)

Hello, my name is Joo and I am a painter who enjoy strumming the uke and humming and singing along. I started learning the uke in June 2013, watching YouTube videos. I don't know all the music thingy... I just learn some easy chords and experiment with slapping the strings in ways to make them sound good to me...There are many awesome uke players that I like and learn from on YouTube, and I have tried to follow how they play their ukes but I've given up and think it's best I just have fun and experiment, and find a way that is natural for me. I love painting musicians performing, and have made some paintings of them from old photos and videos that I found online and from Ukester Brown's website. Since I joined the Seasons Of The Ukulele at Ukulele Underground, I started to paint some of the ukers that I enjoy, while watching their videos. It's almost like watching these lovely ukers perform live, from here, in sunny and tiny Singapore.

AlanDP
01-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Okay, I'll jump in here, and I'll tell you my name and my ukulele story.. My real name is my username. The last two letters are initials, so my name is Alan Peschke (the D stands for Dale). Two years ago, for Christmas, my step-mother-in-law gave me some cash for Christmas. She asked what I was going to buy with it, and I said, "I don't know, I'll probably get groceries or pay a bill or something." She said, "No, you have to buy something nice that you wouldn't have bought otherwise." So I thought, well, I have been wanting to try and learn the ukulele. I tried to teach myself guitar several times throughout my life but my brain and my fingers just couldn't handle all those strings, and I've always wanted to be able to simply strum an instrument and sing. As for the singing, I've been doing that my whole life since my grandmother got me started in church, pretty much before I was even able to read. So I spent several weeks scouring the internet for information on what the best ukulele I could buy for less than $100 was. I read a lot of opinions here at UU, although I did so as a guest and didn't actually join until just recently. I eventually decided on a Kala Makala soprano and got one. I had also read many opinions that said that the original strings aren't really good strings and changing the strings would improve the sound greatly. So after a little more research I ordered some Aquila strings and was doing my first re-string only a few weeks after getting the uke.

Oh, I loved it. Soon I was hunting down chord sheets for songs that I already knew I enjoyed singing and was strumming and singing all the time. The first time I ever played in "public" was for some family members at a reunion, and everyone enjoyed it.

The next Christmas, I got some cash again, so I used it to buy a tenor uke, which is now my favorite. It's a Kala KA-TE and I bought it partly because it's an acoustic-electric and I would be able to plug it into an amp, just in case that ever came up. I got this one with low G tuning just because--I'm not sure why--maybe because that would make it have a little different sound from the soprano. Once again, I played at our annual family reunion and this time a cousin of mine brought his guitar and we played together, which was a total blast.

Last summer I went to a summer camp which focuses on teaching music theory centered around 4-part gospel harmony singing and theory. I grew up going to this school when I was a teenager and learned most of my music there, although I have also had a couple of years of advanced theory in college before I dropped out. One night a friend of mine there broke out his guitar and asked me if I also played. I told him I could strum a ukulele and he told me to get it out. So several of us took turns singing songs for each other and I decided to do a song I had written but which no one had heard yet. The response from everyone was so positive that it just blew me away.

A few weeks later, I was invited to join a group of people who play every Saturday afternoon for the residents of our local nursing home. I was extremely nervous because these were all guitarists who actually can play, but my singing won them over and they told me I had to keep coming back. So I went and bought a Fender Acoustasonic amp and my own microphone. I have played with them almost every Saturday since then. We do lots of old-time country and gospel music.

Just this past Christmas, I once again received a gift of some cash and bought an Epiphone Les Paul (concert), which I'm still getting used to and trying different strings on. My next goal is to get a baritone, but I hope I don't have to wait for another Christmas.

A few weeks ago I followed a link someone had posted on Facebook and discovered the Seasons of the Ukulele and knew I had to join. So here I am.

My name on YouTube is UkeintheHeartofTexas because I already had a yt account under my real name in which I post songs from old records that I have digitized and to some extent cleaned up the pops and clicks, and I wanted to keep my ukulele stuff separate from that.

My strumming is still pretty basic and mostly instinctive. I still have trouble singing at the same time that I'm trying to do some complicated strumming so I usually just play what I can and what feels like it works. I have a few songs that I do a basic Travis picking for instead of strumming, but it's nothing fancy either. I use the capo a lot because I still have problems playing in some keys and some chords are still difficult for me. But I'm still having a lot of fun.

Thanks!

joo
01-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Okay, I'll jump in here, and I'll tell you my name and my ukulele story.. My real name is my username. The last two letters are initials, so my name is Alan Peschke (the D stands for Dale). Two years ago, for Christmas, my step-mother-in-law gave me some cash for Christmas. She asked what I was going to buy with it, and I said, "I don't know, I'll probably get groceries or pay a bill or something." She said, "No, you have to buy something nice that you wouldn't have bought otherwise." So I thought, well, I have been wanting to try and learn the ukulele. I tried to teach myself guitar several times throughout my life but my brain and my fingers just couldn't handle all those strings, and I've always wanted to be able to simply strum an instrument and sing. As for the singing, I've been doing that my whole life since my grandmother got me started in church, pretty much before I was even able to read. So I spent several weeks scouring the internet for information on what the best ukulele I could buy for less than $100 was. I read a lot of opinions here at UU, although I did so as a guest and didn't actually join until just recently. I eventually decided on a Kala Makala soprano and got one. I had also read many opinions that said that the original strings aren't really good strings and changing the strings would improve the sound greatly. So after a little more research I ordered some Aquila strings and was doing my first re-string only a few weeks after getting the uke.

Oh, I loved it. Soon I was hunting down chord sheets for songs that I already knew I enjoyed singing and was strumming and singing all the time. The first time I ever played in "public" was for some family members at a reunion, and everyone enjoyed it.

The next Christmas, I got some cash again, so I used it to buy a tenor uke, which is now my favorite. It's a Kala KA-TE and I bought it partly because it's an acoustic-electric and I would be able to plug it into an amp, just in case that ever came up. I got this one with low G tuning just because--I'm not sure why--maybe because that would make it have a little different sound from the soprano. Once again, I played at our annual family reunion and this time a cousin of mine brought his guitar and we played together, which was a total blast.

Last summer I went to a summer camp which focuses on teaching music theory centered around 4-part gospel harmony singing and theory. I grew up going to this school when I was a teenager and learned most of my music there, although I have also had a couple of years of advanced theory in college before I dropped out. One night a friend of mine there broke out his guitar and asked me if I also played. I told him I could strum a ukulele and he told me to get it out. So several of us took turns singing songs for each other and I decided to do a song I had written but which no one had heard yet. The response from everyone was so positive that it just blew me away.

A few weeks later, I was invited to join a group of people who play every Saturday afternoon for the residents of our local nursing home. I was extremely nervous because these were all guitarists who actually can play, but my singing won them over and they told me I had to keep coming back. So I went and bought a Fender Acoustasonic amp and my own microphone. I have played with them almost every Saturday since then. We do lots of old-time country and gospel music.

Just this past Christmas, I once again received a gift of some cash and bought an Epiphone Les Paul (concert), which I'm still getting used to and trying different strings on. My next goal is to get a baritone, but I hope I don't have to wait for another Christmas.

A few weeks ago I followed a link someone had posted on Facebook and discovered the Seasons of the Ukulele and knew I had to join. So here I am.

My name on YouTube is UkeintheHeartofTexas because I already had a yt account under my real name in which I post songs from old records that I have digitized and to some extent cleaned up the pops and clicks, and I wanted to keep my ukulele stuff separate from that.

My strumming is still pretty basic and mostly instinctive. I still have trouble singing at the same time that I'm trying to do some complicated strumming so I usually just play what I can and what feels like it works. I have a few songs that I do a basic Travis picking for instead of strumming, but it's nothing fancy either. I use the capo a lot because I still have problems playing in some keys and some chords are still difficult for me. But I'm still having a lot of fun.

Thanks!

hi Alan! I love your singing and playing! your original song for Berni's week was one of my favorites. I enjoy all of the originals but I have about 3-4 I really really really like. Yours was one of them! :D Joo

Debby
01-14-2015, 03:28 PM
I love reading these biographical tid bits!

AlanDP
01-14-2015, 03:45 PM
Thank you.

lelouden
01-14-2015, 04:33 PM
Hello Rick, Debbie Joo and Alan.

Rick, This is the best place to be for continual practice and performing to an appreciative audience:)

Debbie, Glad you've joined the seasons. Your song written for 151 was amazingly good!

Alan, Sounds like you made the right investment. You do have a wonderful voice and your playing ain't to shabby :)

Joo, I have had more fun getting to know you through your vids, You are a charming joy to watch. You will find you are among many many artists here. What is it about the uke and artists?

Hendulele and D3B7 How did you two come up with your Seasonista names?

Debby
01-14-2015, 04:43 PM

Rick, This is the best place to be for continual practice and performing to an appreciative audience:)

Debbie, Glad you've joined the seasons. Your song written for 151 was amazingly good!

Alan, Sounds like you made the right investment. You do have a wonderful voice and your playing ain't to shabby :)

Joo, I have had more fun getting to know you through your vids, You are a charming joy to watch. You will find you are among many many artists here. What is it about the uke and artists?

Thank you! I'm an artist, too. I do mostly drawings in colored pencil, graphite and charcoal....mostly portraits (and pet portraits). My colored pencil drawings have so many layers that they look like paintings, and I call them that (most colored pencil artists do). I have also taught drawing classes, at a local studio. I also dabble in Kumihimo, crochet, and knitting. My husband is an oil painter. I love his paintings on saw blades. My daughter also does all kinds of art...but beading is probably her favorite.

I hate the nickname I created on here. I was trying to sign up and needed a name in a pinch. I'm a very creative person, until it comes to picking a screen name, online! lol so I just tried to make a vague disguise of my name... the 3 is like a backwards E..*rolls eyes* and I just stuck a 7 at the end. I know. It's bad. lol -About as bad as playing a pink ukulele!! I love playing that little thing, but I did not choose that color! I'm thinking about altering it, somehow, but I'm scared of compromising the sound. If I was an airbrush artist, that little uke would look much better.

lelouden
01-14-2015, 05:01 PM
That is really great Debby. I think you can go in and change your user name if you want in settings. I sometimes want to myself. I would have chosen FlossieD because I like the sentiment and Flossie is just a cute name:) I too am an artist and have painted a cheap uke. I love the pink uke and you will find many really cute ukes played by birdseyeviewofmyuke (Lynda). I was a watercolor artist. I say was because as you know if you stop painting you loose those skills and I haven't painted in the last 10 years. caukulele - Denise is also an artist here. She has started a thread I believe featuring some of her work. She paints ukes among other things. Here is a pic of the cheap uke I painted. I first layered on a tissue paper of music and then floated on different colors and then stamped some fun travel images. The part I had trouble with was the top coat. Nearly impossible to get a high gloss coat without runs. Anyway it was fun to do. We have many character artists among us too. There is a season 110 called art and artist (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?94252-Season-110-of-the-Ukulele-Art-and-Artists!) that have many songs with art featured. That might be fun to look at. Glad to get to know you a little better:)

Debby
01-14-2015, 05:09 PM
That is really great Debby. I think you can go in and change your user name if you want in settings. I sometimes want to myself. I would have chosen FlossieD because I like the sentiment and Flossie is just a cute name:) I too am an artist and have painted a cheap uke. I love the pink uke and you will find many really cute ukes played by birdseyeviewofmyuke (Lynda). I was a watercolor artist. I say was because as you know if you stop painting you loose those skills and I haven't painted in the last 10 years. caukulele - Denise is also an artist here. She has started a thread I believe featuring some of her work. She paints ukes among other things. Here is a pic of the cheap uke I painted. I first layered on a tissue paper of music and then floated on different colors and then stamped some fun travel images. The part I had trouble with was the top coat. Nearly impossible to get a high gloss coat without runs. Anyway it was fun to do. We have many character artists among us too. There is a season called art and artist that have many songs with art featured. That might be fun to look at. Glad to get to know you a little better:)

That uke is very cute! My big thing with taking the strings off and sanding it, then doing whatever to it...is that during all that time, I wont have a uke to play. lol I could play my daughter's I guess. My husband has an old resonator, but I don't play it. It smells like moth balls, from being at his great aunt's house so long. I think she must have had it near moth balls, or had moth balls in the case. yuck... My daughter now plays a tie dyed Ukadelic. It's pretty much the same uke as my Shark, but it feels different and I like the Shark better. I'm hoping to upgrade, in the future...so, I'll probably let this pink stay. When I get the upgrade, it wont bother me to get creative with the shark, I'll have another uke to play. OK..sorry for taking up so much space on this thread....enough about me. (you get me talking art, and I'll go all day)

01-14-2015, 09:36 PM
a. there simply cannot be too much ukulele chit chat. please - nobody stop!

and b. linda that uke art is super awesome :bowdown: no strings on? does it play as good as it looks? can we have a demo????????

joo
01-14-2015, 10:27 PM

The uke is a great companion for artists like me who need distractions:
like today while waiting for the paint to dry...I strum my uke...then when I didn't know what else to do to my painting...I strum the uke...when I need to take a break from staring at my painting too much...I strum the uke.....AND THEN sometimes, before I even start painting, I strum the uke...then I never even get to the easel at all! lol!

joo
01-14-2015, 10:42 PM
like today while waiting for the paint to dry...I strum my uke...then when I didn't know what else to do to my painting...I strum the uke...when I need to take a break from staring at my painting too much...I strum the uke.....AND THEN sometimes, before I even start painting, I strum the uke...then I never even get to the easel at all! lol!

oh my YT channel is joojooukes and some people call me JooJoo, ju, juju...my art students call me Miss Joo:D I used to have a website called AuntieJoo too.

joo
01-14-2015, 11:19 PM
Thank you! I'm an artist, too. I do mostly drawings in colored pencil, graphite and charcoal....mostly portraits (and pet portraits). My colored pencil drawings have so many layers that they look like paintings, and I call them that (most colored pencil artists do). I have also taught drawing classes, at a local studio. I also dabble in Kumihimo, crochet, and knitting. My husband is an oil painter. I love his paintings on saw blades. My daughter also does all kinds of art...but beading is probably her favorite.

I hate the nickname I created on here. I was trying to sign up and needed a name in a pinch. I'm a very creative person, until it comes to picking a screen name, online! lol so I just tried to make a vague disguise of my name... the 3 is like a backwards E..*rolls eyes* and I just stuck a 7 at the end. I know. It's bad. lol -About as bad as playing a pink ukulele!! I love playing that little thing, but I did not choose that color! I'm thinking about altering it, somehow, but I'm scared of compromising the sound. If I was an airbrush artist, that little uke would look much better.

Debbie, what's your YT channel?
and what's Kumihimo?
I crohet too...very very simple ones...VERY simple freeform stuff...stuff like badges.
ummm a pink uke sounds nice...hehehe...
but airbrush sounds cool too!

Debby
01-15-2015, 01:49 AM
Debbie, what's your YT channel?
and what's Kumihimo?
I crohet too...very very simple ones...VERY simple freeform stuff...stuff like badges.
ummm a pink uke sounds nice...hehehe...
but airbrush sounds cool too!

I can't figure out, on this phone, what my YT channel is. I haven't changed it to a personalized URL, yet. I haven't decided what I want it to be. I know that once you set it on YouTube, there is no changing it. Here is a link to my last vid. http://youtu.be/8hn9PrJ-hp8

Kumihimo is a Japanese braiding method. You can make flat and round braids with intricate patterns. You use looms to do so. I highly recommend googling it. The history and tradition of Kumihimo is very neat. If you ever give it a go, the round braids are the easiest. It's not hard. I've helped teach it to kids. You can also incorporate beads and make beautiful jewelry. There are a lot of pictures on Google. I think Kumihimo is a great idea for uke straps.

joo
01-15-2015, 02:56 AM
I can't figure out, on this phone, what my YT channel is. I haven't changed it to a personalized URL, yet. I haven't decided what I want it to be. I know that once you set it on YouTube, there is no changing it. Here is a link to my last vid. http://youtu.be/8hn9PrJ-hp8

Kumihimo is a Japanese braiding method. You can make flat and round braids with intricate patterns. You use looms to do so. I highly recommend googling it. The history and tradition of Kumihimo is very neat. If you ever give it a go, the round braids are the easiest. It's not hard. I've helped teach it to kids. You can also incorporate beads and make beautiful jewelry. There are a lot of pictures on Google. I think Kumihimo is a great idea for uke straps.

Oh that sounds interesting! I will check it out! I just watched your video...I have missed it last week...I really enjoyed it:) Thanks for sharing!

lelouden
01-15-2015, 06:09 AM
a. there simply cannot be too much ukulele chit chat. please - nobody stop!

and b. linda that uke art is super awesome :bowdown: no strings on? does it play as good as it looks? can we have a demo????????

It has strings now. I had it hanging to dry for a very long time. The top coat ended up way to thick and it took literally months to cure. I will pull it out and see if I can come up with something quick and simple :)

Debby
01-15-2015, 07:13 AM
Oh that sounds interesting! I will check it out! I just watched your video...I have missed it last week...I really enjoyed it:) Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!

IamNoMan
01-15-2015, 08:28 AM
Lynda, please: Tommy, Uncle Tommy, T. all theses are fine But when I hear Thomas I think I'm in trouble, (an old comrade). It makes me wince. NoMan is perfectly acceptable too. As in "NoMan is in trouble", again!

To all you'all Seasonistas who are Artists or cartoonists, I have a couple of projects you might want to get involved with.

I am planning a SeasonistasTristateRegionalUkuleleMeet: S.T.R.U.M. for this summer. (NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD): STRUM works better though. I am looking for a suitable Tee shirt Design to cover Start-up costs. Two Ideas I have are:

1. A graphic with a Uker and a little girl dancing, Raeden Dances (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?66020-Raeden-dancing-to-twinkle-twinkle-little-star&p=953385#post953385); Any proceeds to this event will go to Cincinnati Children's Hospital (https://giving.cincinnatichildrens.org/SSLPage.aspx?pid=184), Which helps families like consitters, who have special kids.

2. A cartoon like CeeJay's (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/member.php?110680-CeeJay)avatar.

I'm sure there are other good ideas out there too!

I am also interested in Simple Artistic, Black-line, graphics for use on various banjo/banjolele heads, skin or plastic.

Any one who might be interested in these projects should PM me. IamNoMan (http://IamNoMan).

Ted4
01-15-2015, 10:33 AM
My name is Ted Zeppelin.

hendulele
01-15-2015, 10:37 AM

Last name Henderson, so Hendu sorta gravitated my way as a nickname over the years. The variations are endless!

lelouden
01-15-2015, 10:47 AM
My name is Ted Zeppelin.

Ha! any relation to Led and is that really your name?:confused:

Last name Henderson, so Hendu sorta gravitated my way as a nickname over the years. The variations are endless!

Ahhh yes thats a good one. Can you hendme that ukulele:)

Lynda, please: Tommy, Uncle Tommy, T. all theses are fine But when I hear Thomas I think I'm in trouble, (an old comrade). It makes me wince. NoMan is perfectly acceptable too. As in "NoMan is in trouble", again!

To all you'all Seasonistas who are Artists or cartoonists, I have a couple of projects you might want to get involved with.

I am planning a SeasonistasTristateRegionalUkuleleMeet: S.T.R.U.M. for this summer. (NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD): STRUM works better though. I am looking for a suitable Tee shirt Design to cover Start-up costs. Two Ideas I have are:

1. A graphic with a Uker and a little girl dancing, Raeden Dances (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?66020-Raeden-dancing-to-twinkle-twinkle-little-star&p=953385#post953385); Any proceeds to this event will go to Cincinnati Children's Hospital (https://giving.cincinnatichildrens.org/SSLPage.aspx?pid=184), Which helps families like consitters, who have special kids.

2. A cartoon like CeeJay's (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/member.php?110680-CeeJay)avatar.

I'm sure there are other good ideas out there too!

I am also interested in Simple Artistic, Black-line, graphics for use on various banjo/banjolele heads, skin or plastic.

Any one who might be interested in these projects should PM me. IamNoMan (http://IamNoMan).

Tommy, This is a great thing your doing here. You might want to start another thread so that it is seen by all.

Tootler
01-15-2015, 11:03 AM
Tommy, This is a great thing your doing here. You might want to start another thread so that it is seen by all.

There is a section in the main forum called "Regional Get Togethers" that's where you really need to be posting. Put a link in from one of the threads in this forum, by all means but avoid duplicating the thread. The Mods don't like it. Wendy got ticked off for posting duplicate threads in two sections of the forum.

SpruceCreekPickers
01-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Don't leave Virginia out of the meet! There are several of us!

IamNoMan
01-17-2015, 06:30 PM
Right oh. I will not make any formal announcements though until I have confirmed a site and date. I am probably going to move the date to 7.18.15 though. Some UU'ers have indicated they will be on holiday in the Lehigh Valley area of PA then. The location should be within a ninety minute Ride of NYC, Phildaphia, Bingahmpton. Harrisburg. Maybe two hours from Baltimore -don't get caught though! Camping and relatively inexpensive lodgings within 5-20 minute ride.

Teaser: Nazareth Bourough Council is having a special meeting Monday night to discuss my first choice site; which is two blocks from the CF Martin plant and Museum.