NUD thread for everyone who received their East-Start arch-top ukulele

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
Now that the ukes have shipped, I'm starting this thread for everyone who ordered an East-Start arch-top ukulele to post their impressions, reviews, or just gushes about their new uke.

Wondering if the finish needs a little more time to "harden up" and if it needs to be handled very gently for a little while.

As far as I know, the only finish that's needs a long curing time is nitro, and I'm sure they didn't use that on these, too expensive. They probably used standard glossy finish, which has had a few days to dry while they waited for hardware.

Here's my latest tracking info, it's moving along. I just talked to SF Express and she said that the package should arrive in customs by next Thursday or Friday, then transferred to OnTrack delivery, where it will receive a new tracking number. I have to then call SF Express to obtain that tracking number.

ES uke 2014-04-18 at 8.20 AM.png

Last edited:
Mine is on vacation too with the others, hurry home!

Good thing they're packed away in a hard case and packaging, wouldn't want mine to suffocate in the that terrible atmosphere. Wait a minute, it's suffocating in the case... oh noooooo!

Boy, how many distribution centers does Shanghai have? It looks like their bouncing it around the city like a billiard ball.

Screen shot 2014-04-18 at 11.44 PM.png

Mikes uke is stuck on the endless loop rickshaw ride in Shanghai.

Attachments

• rickshaw uke cargo.jpg
    rickshaw uke cargo.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Wow Chaos, that was amazingly fast. Must be that yours went DHL and mine is SF Express. Now I'm really getting concerned that mine is still sitting in Shanghai.

Last edited:
Says a lot for DHL, and a little for SF Express (they should drop that word from their name).

Last edited:
Should we all start using this thread to continue our discussion of the East-Start ukes? That other one is getting pretty full.

Went online to check shipping. No tracking info like before. Does that mean it's left Asia and the tracking number is not in their system anymore?

Just got back from a week in the South of France to hear the good news. :music:

Mine is travelling alone. I hope it doesn't get lost on the way or get held hostage for an exorbitant fee at customs in Barcelona. :uhoh:

Went online to check shipping. No tracking info like before. Does that mean it's left Asia and the tracking number is not in their system anymore?

I haven't been able to get the SF Express tracking site to show anything today, last night it did. As I mentioned above, SF Express told me the package will take 5 days to travel to the US, not counting weekends, she figured Thursday or Friday, then it will be passed on to OnTrack when we have to call SF Express to get the OnTrack tracking number, 1-855-901-1133, but they're not open on weekends. I'm going to call them first thing Monday morning.

Berni - I just went to this DHL tracking site and found your order, it's in Germany (I'm very jealous of you, Lardy Fatboy and ChaosToo). Enter your tracking number and you'll see all the travel it's made.
http://www.dhl-usa.com/en/express/tracking.html

Berni 2014-04-20 at 10.27 AM.png

Last edited:
I just emailed Simon at East-Start that I'm very disappointed in the SF Express service. He originally said they would all ship by DHL, which is already getting those few ukes to their destination, but SF Express is not doing anywhere near as well.

Katysax - I'm finding the DHL tracking site to work very well. All three ukes going to Europe have passed through Germany and are on to Spain (see above) and England.

Last edited:
Top Bottom