Pedals

ItsBilWith1L

Reaction score
What's up, everybody?!
I go by 1L. I've been playing for about a year and am about to release my first EP. I'm using a solid body uke and recently started using a tremolo pedal. I'm having a lot of fun and it's producing a really rad sound. Very surfer rock.

I was wondering if anybody else had ever used pedals, on a solid body or acoustic. If so, what did you use? What were your experiences? What do you recommend?

Let me know!

Also, let me know if you're interested in hearing what I've got!

ive tried a wah pedal, and can sound pretty sweet, not sure if sufer rock style will work with it but it makes ur ukulele more psychedelic.

I don't always use the tremolo. I have it mainly during the chorus of a couple of songs. I saw a video with the wah and it sounded pretty good with some reverb.

I just bought a Danelectro chorus pedal - huge value for the money - and I like it.

I use my Epiphone Les Paul with JamUP (http://www.positivegrid.com/jamup/) running on my iPod in combination with an iRig going to my Mixer and then some kind of amp/speakers for my uke22 project (http://www.uke22.nl). It is basically a virtual multi-effect pedal an I have different presets for different songs.

Last edited:
I have all my pedals for my Strat that I still use occasionally on the uke. Teese Picture Wah, MXR-70, others are just Ts9, Ts10, LPB-2 which are overdrives and boost and don't agree real well with acoustic.

Whats really fun is the TC Electronics Ditto, looper pedal, easy, cheap and excellent sound quality compared to other loopers. I have been having a lot of fun with that pedal.

I did however trade a while back for a fender mustang floor pedal that gives a ton of options, reverbs, chorus, delays, ODs, cab simulation you name it... just haven't messed with the ukulele with it.

I am no where near a serious musician I just like to play around. I have 2 pedals that I use both Danelectro brand. A flange and a distortion pedal; I like both of them and for less then $20 it would be hard to beat them IMO.

Last edited:
I use a Zoom G2.1u with my Kala cedar travel tenor, Islander GL6 and my electric guitars:

zoom.jpg

I also use Guitar Rig 5, Overloud TH2, Amplitube 3 and Peavey Revalver on my PC via a Behringer ASIO USB interface.

I have recorded a number of seasons covers using some effects. I have not purchased any dedicated pedals but definitely want a looper in the near future. I only have one acoustic electric uke so I have been using a Mustang modeling amp. The on board effects are pretty decent and you can create and store so many preset arrangements I find it simple and convenient. I don't use an ASIO interface but would like to soon. I am also considering an iPad interface. Garage band has so many cool features. If anyone has some good recommendations for iPad recording I would love to hear it.

I have a Vox Stomplab G1 multi effects pedal which has a good range of built in effects and you can also set up and store your own. I also have dedicated pedals for delay, overdrive and modulation (chorus, flanger, phaser etc.)

Recently, I've been making more use of the built in effects in my multitrack recorder - a Boss BR800 so I've been making less use of the external pedals.

I have two solid electrics - a Risa 'stick', concert and a Risa Uke'Ellie which is tenor scale. I sometimes plug in my other ukes as well using a Microvox pickup.

I have recorded a number of seasons covers using some effects. I have not purchased any dedicated pedals but definitely want a looper in the near future. I only have one acoustic electric uke so I have been using a Mustang modeling amp. The on board effects are pretty decent and you can create and store so many preset arrangements I find it simple and convenient. I don't use an ASIO interface but would like to soon. I am also considering an iPad interface. Garage band has so many cool features. If anyone has some good recommendations for iPad recording I would love to hear it.

In garageband I like to use the "ADT" plugin which is Artificial Double Track. You can use on vocals or instrument. Can change all the settings for more or less of an effect. I try to go pretty minimal for a ukulele, but it does really fatten up if you are going for that effect.

Definitely check out the Ditto looper. Bare bones, TC Electronics quality and a great sound.

ADT Plugin I use
http://www.vacuumsound.de/plugins.html

1L, where can we hear some of your music?

I have a couple of guitar pedals that are a lot of fun to use with a uke. My pedalboard has a Phase 90, an old MXR Stereo Chorus, a Vox wah, a Boss 7-band EQ, and now a Digitech JamMan Express looper (which is really similar to the Ditto). Would love to try out a Digitech Whammy with a uke.

I'm putting together a uke pedalboard for some flyaway gigs. Baggs Para DI, Boss RV-3 Reverb/delay, TC Ditto looper

What's up, everybody?!
I go by 1L. I've been playing for about a year and am about to release my first EP. I'm using a solid body uke and recently started using a tremolo pedal. I'm having a lot of fun and it's producing a really rad sound. Very surfer rock.

I was wondering if anybody else had ever used pedals, on a solid body or acoustic. If so, what did you use? What were your experiences? What do you recommend?

Let me know!

Also, let me know if you're interested in hearing what I've got!

http://iamesper.bandcamp.com
i make drone based ambient music with a blue star baritone konablaster (solid body steel string uke) and effects pedals, basically i loop layers live, and use reverbs, delays, etc to create a vast hypnotic droning soundscape with my electric uke. And sure i'd be curious to hear your sounds.

Top Bottom