The Water Is Wide

buc mcmaster

Reaction score
An old traditional tune I first remember hearing on a James Taylor album........New Moonshine, I think it was......... On the old mahogany Gibson, Aquila strings, shot with the iPhone.....

Beautiful job! What a wonderful voice you have, too. If I could sing like that, I don't think I'd ever stop....:)

I really enjoyed this. I play this song on the mountain dulcimer, but I haven't tried it on ukulele, so now I have an idea of how to do so. But I could never sing it like you do. You have a beautiful voice! Enjoyed hearing the vintage Gibson, too.

I certainly agree Buc, you have a nice voice and I enjoy your relaxed tempo. In your last video which I think was " You belong to me " can you tell me what key you played that in please ?

Thank you thank you. Switching to ukulele after playing guitar for over 40 years was all about singing songs. Never amounted to much as a guitar player and that will be the case with the uke as well, but I can play tunes on the little one I could never play on a guitar which allows me to sing.......which is why I play.......to sing. Thank you for your kind comments!

M: You Belong to Me was in the key of G, me thinks. G/Bm/C/G/C/Cm/G/Em/A/and some form of D i don't know the name of!)

Top Bottom