Forgot to bring your uke?

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am at the airport and forgot my most important luggage, my uke!! This is going to be a very long trip. Have you ever forgot yours?

I am at the airport and forgot my most important luggage, my uke!! This is going to be a very long trip. Have you ever forgot yours?
I haven't forgotten my uke, but left it behind because of luggage size limits. I know your pain. Which one were you going to bring? I hope you're headed to Hawaii, so getting a satisfactory stand-in might be fun. If you are visiting family, maybe it can live there and become your island uke.

–Lori

:uhoh: I actually have done that. I intended to bring two ukes on a trip to Hawaii - to have one taken to its factory. I got through TSA and realized only then that one case felt really light. I opened it up to find it was empty. Luckily my mom had just dropped me off at the airport so she came back for the empty case. Oops.

Daniel's going somewhere a lot more exotic than Hawaii. The uke's not the most important thing to bring on vacation, your family is. Enjoy them and have a great time. And if you really need one, ukes are available anywhere.

d buying another uke is not an option as I have a few on order. What's worse is that I got a call from my mom that our dog escaped from her house. This trip not starting off well.

Last edited:
:uhoh: I actually have done that. I intended to bring two ukes on a trip to Hawaii - to have one taken to its factory. I got through TSA and realized only then that one case felt really light. I opened it up to find it was empty. Luckily my mom had just dropped me off at the airport so she came back for the empty case. Oops.

See...that last part is where you messed up. Hmmm..."ooops, I accidentally brought this empty uke case to Hawaii...guess I better fill it before the return..."

John

You could easily have your mom pack up one of your Ukes and ship it to you. If it's a long trip, it would certainly be worth it.

Scooter

Yes, I forgot to tak mine to work the other day, and I was miserable....had to depend on drugs and massage to calm my patient....drugs only work so well, and I can only massage for a little while before I need one....music soothes, and I can play all day!

Didn't bring a uke to a beach condo a couple of times. Only 15 miles to NC Ukulele Academy; purchased some nice inexpensive ukes, played them while at the condo, and then passed the ukes on to young relatives

On my NEXT trip to Hawaii (Paradise) I plan to INTENTIONALLY forget my uke . . . That will give me a good excuse to go to Aloha Bowl Swap Meet and fine a New Toy. Last time I was there, I ran into a few small makers who have some really good solid wood instruments for $300.00 US or less.

bobinde

Very sorry to hear that Dan. Haven't forgotten my uke yet, but the other day when I got to the CC Strummers group I found that I didn't put my iPad in the gig bag, I don't carry paper anymore. Luckily the leader had copies of the days songs with her.

I was out for a walk today...we have a converted train bridge that goes right over the Hudson...and about 10 minutes into the walk I felt like I was missing something...

It was a beautiful morning, sunny and warm, and there were lots of people. It would have just been better with a uke.

I hope I never forget mine on a trip. I always make a packing list but never put ukulele on it because its just a given. When my three daughters get married and have their own homes I'm going to make sure there's a ukulele for me in each of their houses - just in case.

Have fun on your trip Daniel.

Didn't bring a uke to a beach condo a couple of times. Only 15 miles to NC Ukulele Academy; purchased some nice inexpensive ukes, played them while at the condo, and then passed the ukes on to young relatives

Heh, heh. Back in the 80's I was on a development team in the Air Force. We traveled a lot, often for many weeks at a time. I didn't play anything at the time but we had a guy who'd played guitar for years. He bought a new guitar on almost every trip...

John

I purposely didn't bring a uke on a family trip once. Halfway through the trip I realized that a family trip is exactly when you need a uke. It gives you something to do while everyone else is arguing about what to do or where to eat!

Sorry you forgot it but really hope your dog comes home.

Top Bottom