Happy Birthday!

Icelander53

Reaction score
To Me. (61)

How self important can you get? :eek:ld:

But I want to share with all of you how great I feel today. And it's because of you all and my love affair with the Ukulele. I was in a severe depression for that last five years. Waking up without some kind of medication was sooo depressing. I had lost all my lust for life and was living just to go through the motions. I really was depressed. No joke friends.

Then I bought my best friend a Ukulele for Xmas and dug out the one I had bought myself and gave up on. The rest is a beautiful miracle. We clicked as practice partners and I got totally hooked on this beautiful little instrument. I was able to play and sing out all the angst I have been holding in. Sad songs have slowly been turning into happier songs. I crave having my Gretsch in my hands each day. We play two to three hours a day and my blues go up in smoke.

It's not perfect of course. This world is still a hard place for me. To see how humanity must live often breaks my heart and leaves me so sad. Buy there is joy now too. And you all are part of that joy in my life. You have been so supportive of me in every way here. Helped me celebrate every small improvement and answered all my questions with patience and good humor. Thanks to you all. I'm so happy to have found you here and I feel right at home here.

And my New Gretsch. My oh my do I really love this Uke. Far beyond all my others. It just fits me to a tee. Amped or not it makes my attempts to make music work better than any other uke I have. Thanks HMS for doing a perfect set up.

OK I'm going to stop gushing now. And thanks for indulging me in this little rant. Thank you all today from the bottom of my heart. I'm so glad you're here. :smileybounce::shaka::music:

Last edited:
Happy, happy birthday to you, Icelander! I am so glad you have found solace and joy in your life. I look forward to another year of your posts.

Thanks. :eek:

I just taught myself the Happy B-day song. It was a huge challenge but I was up to it. :rock:

Wow, Thanks for sharing your story.

It means a lot to me believe it or not. I know exactly what you mean. And with music even the sorrows can be expressed....

Music has become my thread to joy, and to life itself.

Happy Happy Birthday indeed!!!! :shaka::nana:

Happy Birthday young man :)

My only connection with depression is second-hand, so I won't claim any knowledge of your personal situation, but it makes me truly happy to hear that the uke has managed to brighten your outlook.

We're all glad to have you here :)

Happy birthday! Happy Easter! And happy Uke days ahead!

Thank you for your thread....you said almost exactly what I feel, but I am not as eloquent a writer as you...happy birthdy, and happy easter to you buddy!

Wow, Thanks for sharing your story.

It means a lot to me believe it or not. I know exactly what you mean. And with music even the sorrows can be expressed....

Music has become my thread to joy, and to life itself.

Happy Happy Birthday indeed!!!! :shaka::nana:

Hey I'm so glad my little rant touched something in you. For myself I've loved music all my life. In fact it's been a saving grace though much of it but I never thought I had enough talent to play some. I'm slowly changing that opinion much to my surprise and joy. Finding that I can actually play (with lots of practice) has been a true gift in this life. I'll bet I think about playing and singing and researching songs and such for at least half of my mental process each day. That time was spent ruminating on my misery in the past. What an awesome change. YIKES!

So thanks for being here. You rock!:love:

Happy Birthday young man :)

My only connection with depression is second-hand, so I won't claim any knowledge of your personal situation, but it makes me truly happy to hear that the uke has managed to brighten your outlook.

We're all glad to have you here :)

Thanks and you are fortunate. May depression never darken your door. :shaka:

Icelander, we think YOU rock, too! Glad you're here....keep up the rants and raves!
I have so much fun playing I forget to eat or drink....no more living in the past, on to the next song!

Thanks and you are fortunate. May depression never darken your door. :shaka:

Unfortunately it has, and in the worst way imaginable. But, as I said, it wasn't myself that suffered from this dreadful, and sadly misunderstood, condition.

Buy hey, this is a celebration, right? So ignore me and enjoy your new uke in good health and good spirits!

Message understood, Icelander!

The uke has saved many lives! I can honestly say it's helped me through difficult periods. Onwards and upwards!

Petey

Big day is about over. Lobster and chocolate cake. And a new concert Firefly Banjo Uke with wood fretboard.

I'll need a couple of days to recover from all the sugar. Thanks for being part of this great day. .

Happy Birthday!

Top Bottom