Ukulele Version of a Popular Album

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
I am going to try and get our local ukulele club and some friends to do a version of a popular album. Maybe a theme album.

I am looking for something that has recognizable tunes and the chords are fairly straightforward so everyone in the club can participate.

I was batting around:

The Who - Tommy or The Kids are Alright
The Beatles - Sgt Peppers, Rubber soul or a compilation from the White Album
Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues
John Prine - John Prine
Stones - Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Led Zeppelin 4 :rock:

how about dylan's highway 61 revisited?

The Who would be sweet and love to hear but may be tricker than expected (correct me if im wrong but pete enjoyed his funky chords)

beatles is a great idea pretty much if u dont know them you live under a rock.

the clash london calling i bet wouldnt be too much of a challenge

or i like david bowie :)

Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans

How about some Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, Jefferson Airplane or Tom Petty.
I would also suggest some Grateful Dead but that may get a little tricky.

csny deja vu would be sweet.

or neil young harvest

These are all too safe.... C'mon, be daring. Stevie Wonder - Innervision or Songs in the Key of life.

Nine Inch Nails

The Byrds: Sweetheart of the Rodeo ... ?

These are all too safe.... C'mon, be daring. Stevie Wonder - Innervision or Songs in the Key of life.

if you are thinking this group should go daring let play some frank zappa :p

I was watching the 1943 movie Stormy Weather last night http://youtu.be/Ras01nlZqbY

I really enjoyed the songs and performances.

I think we will do a uke version of the songs featured in this film. A soundtrack of sorts.

Now if we can just find someone to dance like the Nicholas Brothers when we play the songs.

Last edited:
So, wha'dya choose, ukeblues?
The soundtrack from the 1943 musical "Stormy Weather". I found the movie on YouTube the other day and always wanted to see the entire movie. I loved it. The lightbulb came on and I said, that's it. Wasn't really watching it for that reason. It should be fun figuring out some of the less known songs and arraigning them for the uke. Here is a list of the songs with sound bites. What do you think?

http://www.allmusic.com/album/stormy-weather-soundtrack-factory-original-soundtrack-mw0000223881

Top Bottom