Pineapple long neck or pineapple Sunday?

Maiden Uke

Reaction score
Hi all.

Looking for input, opinions, thoughts on pineapple long necks (soprano/concert) and pineapple Sundays? I mostly play tenors.....

Thanks

Hi, MaidenUke. What would u like to know about them?

I've got a long neck soprano pineapple and really like it. Room on the fretboard of a concert with the bark of a soprano.

But this thread should probably be in Uke Talk, or Buying tips, not Marketplace. Maybe mods can move it.

Pineapple Sundae if you can swing it. I play a pineapple longneck. It's wonderful. But if you're a tenor player the Sundae is the way to go.

Oops...

please move to the appropriate form?

Thanks

Curious about fret width, recommended brands, sound etc.

Thanks

What is a Sunday? I might consider a Concert Long Neck Pineapple. I have bigger hands.

What is a Sunday? I might consider a Concert Long Neck Pineapple. I have bigger hands.

They are referring to the KoAloha Pineapple Sunday, tenor neck on concert body I believe.

–Lori

I have a mint Mainland Pineapple long neck concert I may be willing to part with. Check out the Mainland Ukulele
Website and pm me if interested.

Hi all.

Looking for input, opinions, thoughts on pineapple long necks (soprano/concert) and pineapple Sundays? I mostly play tenors.....

Thanks

When I visited the KoAloha factory in September '12 I played both. I came home with a Pineapple Sunday.

Yep, it's that nice. Of course it has a tenor neck vs. a concert, but to let you know, I prefer concerts and still came home with a Sunday.

When I visited the KoAloha factory in September '12 I played both. I came home with a Pineapple Sunday.

Yep, it's that nice. Of course it has a tenor neck vs. a concert, but to let you know, I prefer concerts and still came home with a Sunday.

Can you describe what the difference between them was that sold you on the PS?

I would describe a Pineapple Sunday as being closer to a soprano body, than a concert - at least in terms of the tone. I think that's why I like my Pineapple Sunday so much...it sounds a lot like a soprano but with a nice roomy tenor neck.

John

Hello all,
I am a super concert fan. I like the tenor scale neck but sound of a concert body. I have a mainland pineapple long neck concert it is excellent. I have 2 Kanilea super concerts, a Nalu Kaiko'o super concert, an ohana Ck35-L , a AEKO super concert, a tenor fluke (concert body and tenor neck, my latest love is a Romero Creations Tiny Tenor, It is loud and has the feel of a tenor but in a concert size. They come in solid Koa or mahogany w spruce top. The KOALOHA pineapple sundae is on my list one day. They models listed are each different and your preference will be based on your taste. Play as many as you can. The mainland is a great buy for a solid wood ukulele. Bob

Can you describe what the difference between them was that sold you on the PS?

If you like loud, the Sunday is your choice. But also it has a punchier, brighter sound. That's what sold me. You can strum it as HARD as you want, and it does not buzz. Awesome.

To the long neck pineapple...it is a soprano body with a concert neck. If you have played the standard KoAloha ukes, that's about what it sounds like. Maybe a little different tone because of the body shape, but still it's a factory KoAloha. Each and every PS is hand-made by Pops.

I would describe a Pineapple Sunday as being closer to a soprano body, than a concert - at least in terms of the tone. I think that's why I like my Pineapple Sunday so much...it sounds a lot like a soprano but with a nice roomy tenor neck.

John

I'm in the same boat as you on the body size. The company calls it more towards concert, but I think of it as in-between.

John

Thanks, this is helpful, John

If you like loud, the Sunday is your choice. But also it has a punchier, brighter sound. That's what sold me. You can strum it as HARD as you want, and it does not buzz. Awesome.

To the long neck pineapple...it is a soprano body with a concert neck. If you have played the standard KoAloha ukes, that's about what it sounds like. Maybe a little different tone because of the body shape, but still it's a factory KoAloha. Each and every PS is hand-made by Pops.

I do like loud! Thanks for your input

Hello all,
I am a super concert fan. I like the tenor scale neck but sound of a concert body. I have a mainland pineapple long neck concert it is excellent. I have 2 Kanilea super concerts, a Nalu Kaiko'o super concert, an ohana Ck35-L , a AEKO super concert, a tenor fluke (concert body and tenor neck, my latest love is a Romero Creations Tiny Tenor, It is loud and has the feel of a tenor but in a concert size. They come in solid Koa or mahogany w spruce top. The KOALOHA pineapple sundae is on my list one day. They models listed are each different and your preference will be based on your taste. Play as many as you can. The mainland is a great buy for a solid wood ukulele. Bob

Wow! No doubt you are a super concert fan! I have been curious about the Romero "tiny tenors" too. So many choices! Thanks

I have bought 45 ukuleles in the past few years, I have given many away as gifts to family and friends. I am down to 15 or so, most are super concerts and a few tenors. I prefer solid wood and a tenor scale. Spruce tops are bright, Koa and mahogany are softer. The Koaloha ukuleles I have played are loud and I like that. My latest is the Romero Creation Tiny tenor and I recommend this one the Koa model is very nice. They come with low G if you like that. They are a very good value for a hand made ukulele designed by a master luthier. If you get a chance try one you might just buy it. I got mine from Hawaiian music supply as they do a great setup and the ukuleles come ready to play. Good luck. Bob

Thanks, Bob, I've checked out the tiny tenors on the HMS site. They do look cool and sound like they have a big personality!

Top Bottom