I found $150...

pixiepurls

Reaction score
in some checks I forgot to cash from a few months ago (still within 6 month limit). Hrmm... maybe the kala traveler concert? Would that thing fit a pick up? I don't think the soprano would.

Shh don't tell anyone I found the money lol..

Right, the tenor travel uke is loud....
where did you find the money, I wanna go look there too!

I think i read something about an electric uke in another post. Maybe an old squier and $150 plus the money in yhe other post in the hands of a local electic guitar guy could turn into a nice electric uke? Electric guitars and ukuleles are not always simple, but they can be easier to bolt together and use cannibalised pickups and electronics than a wooden uke. I think fender and others make a lot of components that can be easily interchanged with squire components over time as money becomes available.
My jupiter creek electric uses telecaster guitar components including the six string pick up and controls, probably the electronics as well.

Thats super interesting. Would be cool to take a kid sizes electric steel string guitar and maybe replace the neck and bridge, could be pretty sweet 4 string electric guitar basically with ukulele tuning.

I am thinking I want a Mann Electric Ukulele so I am waiting on that. Lots of people the Les Paul is great, and then some other people think "meh" and until I try one I don't think I'll know. I COULD go to guitar center and try one... and its not solid body...

So I dunno what I want really because I don't have an electric uke I've tried. Im in research stage with that one. I know I loved that Kala travel Concert, and it would be great for trips and vacations etc, easier to carry then my tenor, not that my tenor is huge or anything but I also really liked the "flat" body style when i tried it. It was so interesting. Then I thought that style wouldn't be too bad with an amp but after an email from Mr Mann I decided I want a REAL steel string solid body electric uke whenever I do get one, thats the sound I like. So yeah thats where my head is at right now :) Confusing, sorry hehe!

I could just save the $150.. that would be kinda boring though hehehe!

Last edited:
Well gee, if you already know you like the travel concert, why not? You're better off than I am, having played and liked one - the uke I want I have no way of checking out. Anyway, forgive the possibly stupid question, but why wouldn't it work to install a pickup in the travel concert? Size? Body thickness or lack thereof? I've seen sopranos with pickups... Just wondering. :)

Not to me. But maybe you're the kind who can't stand having a dollar burning a hole in their pocket. :p

Me, I'd rather save it til there's something I really want or need. I do some online surveys for extra pocket change, mostly Amazon or paypal credits... have a nice cushion in both, so if there's something I want or need, it's there. :)

Then again, I have like 10 ukes already, none of which I paid over $400 (used) for. UAS can be an addiction, but at a point you realize you can't have it all (or maybe you just run out of closet space), and maybe figure it's time to dial it back a notch or have a one-in/one-out policy.

I do love my Kala thinline tenor, though.

If you really dig your tenor and want amplification, why not buy a pickup to install in your tenor? I put MISI pickup systems in 2 of mine and love them. That way you can upgrade something you already have for much less than buying new with lower quality electronics. Just a thought.

"You can't take it with you"... errrr.... "I'm supporting the local Ukulele economy".... "I have to maintain even (or odd) numbers of ukuleles".... whatever you have to tell yourself, we understand.

Portability in a concert - I get it. Concert is fun, fun, fun fun, funfunfunfunfun!!!!! I say go for it if you are really feeling the itch!

Portability in a concert - I get it. Concert is fun, fun, fun fun, funfunfunfunfun!!!!! I say go for it if you are really feeling the itch!

yeah I will not be getting a new tenor. it would be concert or soprano for sure :) I love really portable I agree!

yeah I will not be getting a new tenor. it would be concert or soprano for sure :) I love really portable I agree!

My husband wanted an outdoor ukulele in the tenor size, so we got in on the buy that and get a free soprano deal. I will use the soprano as my take along uke. Looking forward to getting it delivered. But, as far as really playing goes, I have discovered that I'm pretty much a concert girl. The more I play, the more I feel sure that concert is the size for me.

Top Bottom