Song Help Request Maroon 5 Songs

JumpingPulgas

Reaction score
My brother-in-law, his wife and I have been trying to play Maroon 5 tunes with an uke, keyboard and drums. So far, I think I have the strumming and sound as close as I can on songs like This Love, She Will Be Loved, Sweetest Goodbye and Won't Go Home Without You. However, I would also like to play the faster tunes like Harder to Breathe, Shiver, Wakeup Call, and Makes Me Wonder.

Is it possible to duplicate the sound of these faster tunes with my uke? What will I need (amp, effects)? Any suggestions on brand? Has anyone ever tried it? I'm interested in the correct strumming for Makes Me Wonder and the other fast tunes.

I'm thinking of getting a Yamaha Pacifica 112 also. I've read good reviews about it.

P_pac112J.jpg

Last edited:
It's cool that you want to learn Maroon 5 songs; they're an awesome band. I just wish I could be of more help to you; sorry.

Oooh. If you do a version of Shiver, please post it up.

As for effects, I'm not sure how well they translate to a plugged ukulele, but for electric guitar Dunlop makes the Cry-Baby Wah, which is pretty much what you need, if you're going to use that effect. Boss for distortion and Maxon for overdrive.

I know both Jake and Aldrine used to use a lot of effects pedals at one point, but for some reason stopped and went strictly direct. I think the idea was that with enough effects, you can make pretty much anything sound like a guitar, but you'll have a hard time making anything else sound like a good ukulele, other than a good ukulele.

I guess it's all about interpretation. If you really want to copy the M5 sound with your uke, it's definitely possible. But if you come up with your own versions, I think all of us will be just as willing to give a listen to what you create.

Thanks for the suggestions Puremarkska.

Oooh. If you do a version of Shiver, please post it up.

As for effects, I'm not sure how well they translate to a plugged ukulele, but for electric guitar Dunlop makes the Cry-Baby Wah, which is pretty much what you need, if you're going to use that effect. Boss for distortion and Maxon for overdrive.

I know both Jake and Aldrine used to use a lot of effects pedals at one point, but for some reason stopped and went strictly direct. I think the idea was that with enough effects, you can make pretty much anything sound like a guitar, but you'll have a hard time making anything else sound like a good ukulele, other than a good ukulele.

I guess it's all about interpretation. If you really want to copy the M5 sound with your uke, it's definitely possible. But if you come up with your own versions, I think all of us will be just as willing to give a listen to what you create.

Top Bottom