smaller and smaller

AndyM

Reaction score
I've been playing around building ukulele type projects for a year or so now(I ordered a custom built uke from a "professional" luthier,and it was so bad I decided I could do better myself).Back last summer I made myself a Iuke sized Piccolo uke,and it proved so popular I've since made several for club members.
Wanting to try something different I decided to build a 1/2 size uke.It's about 10 1/2" long,rather wonky(bent freehand on a hot pipe) and almost impossible to play.Many thanks to ProfChris for his helpful advice.
SAM_1288.jpg

Martin Style 1,Cherry Piccolo,Mahogany Nano Uke.

Looking great Andy, you must bring one along to RUG. I built my first baby uke a month back for a friends birthday, but I went for the pineapple shape as it was easier!

IMAG0894_zps5f65f875.jpg

IMAG0899_zpsec09f1f7.jpg

IMAG0900_zps2ce5e8c7.jpg

Cheers
Max

I really must try to get along to RUG again soon,but the traffic and parking are a right pain.Hopefully John is bringing along one of my early Piccolo ukes tonight.I really need to dress the frets down on it a bit more though.
It certainly wasn't you Pete,you're a true professional,not a wanna be pretending he's an expert.

I like the little pineapple

Top Bottom