Viddler video downloads

I visited the Viddler site yesterday after a few months and saw there were some new UU songs posted. In the past I've been able to download them and practice them without having to be connected to the internet. When I tried to download songs yesterday I wasn't able to. When I click on the "Download this" link the Flash and Original icons appear but when I click on them the page just reloads and no Save As box appears. If I right click and use the Save Target As command an HTML file downloads that is just a pointer to the original, not the file itself. I haven't made any changes to the security settings on my PC lately so I'm not sure what's going on. Any ideas? Is anyone else having this problem?

Im having the same problem too. Ive tried signing in and still no luck

Creating an account worked for me. Thanks for the help.

Update - I may have been a little premature in saying that Viddler now works for me. I WAS able to download the lesson for Gitara but when I tried to download the Breakdown lesson the same old screen refreshing happens when clicking on the flv or original links. I'll keep trying it and if I can figure out why certain lessons can be downloaded and others can't I'll report back.

After trying it out I think what happens is that the video page reloads when the format of the video you are trying to download does not exist. Example - I tried to download Breakdown as a flash file. Page reloaded. Tried to download it as a .wmv (Original) file and it worked as expected. So I'm assuming that there is only one version of Breakdown on Viddler and it is in the .wmv format. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
They were having some problems with downloading for a while but everything seems to be working again recently, just make sure you're logged in. There was a few threads of the viddler forums about it. I just used gwget (on linux, there's a few apps for windows that can do it as well) to download the flash files when the downloads were broken, but it doesn't really work right with them so I'm glad to have a normal download available again.

For the 17 of us still on dial-up, being able to download the lessons is a huge time saver.

Can someone go back and change the options to allow download of the lessons 1-4 and minutes 1-13, since the option to download doesn't show up for them, even if you're logged in.

Top Bottom