Ukes in the News...San Jose Mercury

Very cool. Makes me homesick, havent been back home to San Jose since 2009. Maybe if we get the stanley cup finals I can fly out for Hockey and Uke jams!
Rita

Front page, no less!

As a result of this story, I had 20 emails this morning asking about our club.

As a slight diversion, I had even more after this article was published in the Merc a little while ago. It wasn't shameless self-promotion, but a chance for free publicity for our club. Update to this article: we now have an average attendance of 60 people. Our record attendance is 80, but we're small potatoes compared to the Santa Cruz club, which has more than twice that many.

The more ukes we get into people's hands, the better.

Last edited:
Great Read Rick, mahalo for sharing.... also in San Jose is even bigger news, this should be even bigger front page news , San Jose ukuele founder ^^^^^^ Gillian's health now has improved drasticallyand beat all the odds of the Big C of the Stage IV lung type...... and is in remission now... Yippee woo hoo girl...way to go.... Go out an celebrate now....
PS, she just got the good news too :) If you don't know it by now, She is quite a gal .... join in and congratulating her in beating the odds... :) :shaka::smileybounce:

Last edited:
Aw, shucks, Stan...

Here's a congrats to all of us who have beaten back and a 'hang in there" to those that are dealing with the big C. I took my uke with me every time I was in the hospital...no better medicine for calming oneself down and making the whole damn battle more tolerable.

Now back to the OP...

Hugs and cheers and AMEN to you, Gillian - that is thrilling news. Onward and upward, onward and upward!!!

Okay, off to read the article now...

Enjoyed the article very much. Anyone know about the mentioned collaboration between Jake Shimabukuro and Paul McCartney?

Top Bottom