This is what happens when I practice

pixiepurls

Reaction score
They are on either side of me and the laptop, being silly and doing silly things. Usually the little one wants the ukulele but today because she saw I was recording, she wanted the camera. At the end of the video she THINKS she's pressing record but she's actually stopping it. The little one sometimes mutes my strings.. so annoying lol!

Sigh....

even better when oldest starts singing to what I am playing...

Ha ha, that's too cute! Nice playing too. Heck, I've been playing for three years and still can't fingerpick. Just for curiosity's sake, do you play left-handed or does your video camera reverse the image? Thanks for sharing!

Ha ha, that's too cute! Nice playing too. Heck, I've been playing for three years and still can't fingerpick. Just for curiosity's sake, do you play left-handed or does your video camera reverse the image? Thanks for sharing!

Apple Macbook cam apparently flips the video, you are not the first to ask :D

Really good playing Pixie and your kids are awesome.

I'm sure you could trade both those kids in and get another uke. J/K! ;)

Nice playing though!!!

What cuties! It is nice to see girls are just as into bodily functions as boys. My two little guys make very similar noises!

What are you playing in this video? It is very soothing.

What cuties! It is nice to see girls are just as into bodily functions as boys. My two little guys make very similar noises!

What are you playing in this video? It is very soothing.

Two outside strings once, then two inside strings once on each chord and I went C G A F and I think I played the inside-outside deal twice at each chord.

We got to see tonsils...LOL! Are your daughters camera shy when you want a picture? :)

Not really but thats because my other hobby is photography so they are VERY used to being photographed lol.

Apple Macbook cam apparently flips the video, you are not the first to ask :D

You can actually use Quicktime Player (whats in a name) to record video, with two advantages:
1.) The quality is much better.
2.) The camera image is not reversed.

Just do apple key (cmd) space and type quicktime (you should see quicktime player) and press enter.
Under the file menu you have new movie recording.

My two-year-old consistently takes my ukulele away, places it on the floor, then comes back to me for a cuddle.

You can actually use Quicktime Player (whats in a name) to record video, with two advantages:
1.) The quality is much better.
2.) The camera image is not reversed.

Just do apple key (cmd) space and type quicktime (you should see quicktime player) and press enter.
Under the file menu you have new movie recording.

oh wow srsly? sweet thank you!

This is the reason I only have dogs and cats....

I've got a cat that will either sit on the sheet music while I am trying to play, or get on my lap and rub against the front of the instrument while I am strumming. I guess she is telling me that I should be petting her and not that thing...

Here's a fun video I found that has a similar issue.

I've got a cat that will either sit on the sheet music while I am trying to play, or get on my lap and rub against the front of the instrument while I am strumming. I guess she is telling me that I should be petting her and not that thing...
Well,t hat's what cats do. They have to be the centre of attention. They sit in front of me when I'm on the computer, and fight over who gets my lap. Some sit on the keyboard if I don't pet them. If you've never seen Simon's Cat, you really should:

Top Bottom