2009 Kalas.....

Sweet looks and sound on the videos. Interesting...

I've been about .25 seconds away from clicking buy-it-now for that travel uke on MGMs ebay store.

i wonder how that bass is tuned...i know what I am gonna get soon.

Last edited:
$600 bass ukulele? Pretty sweet!

I'd really like to hear the acoustic sound of that bass.

Yeah, hard to tell how it really sounds when it's unplugged.

Also wondering how it's tuned.... if the notes correspond to normal uke then that's kind of cool because it might sort of mean it's a good bass for people used to playing normal guitar.

BUT... I just don't know if I see the point. I mean, it sounds pretty much like a bass. Also, I don't see the point of the travel uke... I mean I usually grab the uke instead of the guitar when I want something portable. Now I need a more portable uke? What are these ipods?

C

For those wondering about the bass ukulele tuning, Road Toad bass ukulele strings are EADG like a traditional 4-string bass guitar, and they cost $20 a pack!

From mike's comment on the video, it sounds like the bass is a plugged-in-only deal.

But if you buy a spool of each cable, it would only cost you 8 cents a day.

*Claps* well done sir...

the thing that really looks intresting is the thin body travel uke. seriously that thing has a monster sound...

as a bassist im really not that intrested by the bass ukulele. like the only advantage is that its small... something i find intresting is the Ashbory bass. and its roughly half the price... http://www.largesound.com/

For the most part the acoustic build of the uke is to add realistic acoustic tone when played amplified it is not meant at all to be played unamped unless for quiet practice......All these models will be available about aprl thoiugh i will sneak a few out now and then....

Solid acacia model with slotted headstock = :eek: i want

I gotta say the travel uke looks so cool. I wonder if its balanced though, cuz with the smaller body it might feel weird holding it closer to yur body? I dunno, looks amazing and sounds even better tho!

I kind of wonder if the travel uke is more resilient in some way? On the Kala website, they talk about tossing it in a backback and you are ready to go. I'd imagine it'd get pretty thrashed doing that unless it was built sturdier.

Last edited:
Solid acacia model with slotted headstock = :eek: i want

I think that one just might sell like hotcakes. A solid wood tenor with slotted headstock for under $300 street price? It's almost too good to be true. Heck, I want one since it's got some Taiwan acacia (I'm from Taiwan)!:rock:

Top Bottom