Online jam sessions?????

EleoCasil

Reaction score
I think it would be pretty awesome of UU could get like and Online Jam session going! where we can teach each other some songs and just played our Guitar and Ukulele's with the UU family!

I think it would be pretty awesome of UU could get like and Online Jam session going! where we can teach each other some songs and just played our Guitar and Ukulele's with the UU family!

u can do that with skype, jus have a conference of like 8 people i think, but just no video, jus sound.

the hard part about doing something like that is video lag. with the available connections, it would be too difficult to get something like that going in real time. so while trying to play together, the timing will never be spot on.

kinda like when youre on your cell fone. and youre singing a song to the person on the other line. if they start singing the song with you, you will not hear their voice at the same time and the timing will always be off.

but i do with something like this were possible. for free of course. haha

the hard part about doing something like that is video lag. with the available connections, it would be too difficult to get something like that going in real time. so while trying to play together, the timing will never be spot on.

kinda like when youre on your cell fone. and youre singing a song to the person on the other line. if they start singing the song with you, you will not hear their voice at the same time and the timing will always be off.

but i do with something like this were possible. for free of course. haha
haha yah it was just a thought I had.. haha I think it would be cool for us to get closer as a UU family and just a way to help out people that are new to the Ukulele!

not sure exactly how it works or the price but what about the confrence things that companies use? they are real time so you get no lag. there is a company on the internet that does it, i saw a comercial about it about a month and a half ago... ill look for it online and post up if i find it, this would be cool.

Howlie Boy:cool:

Greg, how were you planning on doing the video jam session? through skype or ichat? Like nuke mentioned, how is the lag on the video chat?
lol idk it is just a thought that would be fun to think bout lol Ichat is possible cause it doesn't really lag.. i've done it with a friend in the states. but even that is pretty limited haha

Meebo has a multi-user video chat. I'm not sure how it is on lag, though, or how many people you can interact with at a time.

how bout a ukulele convention. haha held in hawaii, i'm game.

haha yeah sure, just spend 2k on flights there and back every week!!!
when i go to HAwaii, we all need to meet up... everybody save some money and fly to hawaii for like 4 weeks, ok overboard.. 1-2weeks.. that would be sweet, i would prob 4get mi uke knowing my luck :|

hold it here in Sydney.....Ill be like the only person Lmfao

Top Bottom