Strange Vibrations

SuperSecretJohn

Reaction score
Minus the buzzing problems I already have on my Pono tenor, I noticed when I hold Am (2000), pluck the open A string, and slightly take pressure off the 2nd fret of the G string, I get a buzz as if I plucked the G string and slightly lifted my finger even though I never plucked it in the first place. That means the other string is vibrating on its own.

The same thing happens with any open string I pluck with a fretted string having the same note. I pluck the G string with the 3rd fret of the E string vibrates on its own. I pluck the E string and the 4th fret of the C string vibrates on its own. I pluck the A string with the 5th fret of the E string vibrating on its own.

It doesn't happen much on my soprano, but a lot more on my tenor. It's a little annoying. Does anyone else have other strings vibrating on their own if they're the same notes?

Last edited:
It's called "energy transfer" lmao
And isn't it cool how it only works for two of the same notes, played on different strings?
There's nothing wrong with it, I tried it myself just now.

I guess I never really noticed that until now. Thanks.

Although, I still have a separate buzzing problem from either uber low action or uneven fret height. I can't tell yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom