PDA

View Full Version : Staying in tune

Rllink
04-24-2014, 06:32 AM
I came down to our place in Puerto Rico and brought my ukule for the first time. So I've had my ukulele for about a month now, and in Iowa it has been staying pretty much on the money when it comes to tuning. Sometimes I go a couple days without having to tune it. Down here it just goes out of tune a little faster. Every morning it is a little out or tune, and I have to tune it up after it has been sitting for a while. Not much, but a little bit. I stays in tune while I play it, maybe a half hour to forty-five minutes, so no problems practicing and such, but it I set it aside, it will need some tweeking later tonight. I just wondered why it is more or an issue here in PR than it is at home?

OldePhart
04-24-2014, 06:40 AM
Probably humidity/temperature changes.

Rllink
04-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Probably humidity/temperature changes.
Seems like the obvious reason. Sometimes you can't see what is right in front of your face. In Iowa it was still cold out, and the temp and the humidity in the house was pretty constant. Big changes here. Thanks.

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
04-24-2014, 01:05 PM
If everything's back to normal when you're home in Iowa, it was the environment.

If your uke still needs more tuning than usual after you've been home for a week or so and your uke has re-adjusted to its usual environment, your strings might be worn out.