Aloha! New Uker from Taiwan

henrydu

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm Henry.

It's hard to me to introduce myself in English. :eek:

I'm a mechanical engineer of industrial computer. I start to contact ukulele about six months ago. One night, my ten-year-old son come to my room and said he want to learn playing the ukulele. "All my classmates are playing the ukuleles now!!" He said.

I'm not sure what the ukulele was then, so I google it on internet. Ok, it looks like a small guitar. I'm happy my son like to play the instrument. We went to a musical instrument store nearby and bought one for him. From the day, my son played the ukulele after school everyday. He really loved to play it from my viewpoint. I ever played the classical guitar for several years but not played it anymore because of busy work. When I started strumming my son's ukulele, I knew why he loved it. From the moment, I planned to recall my memory of guitar.

First, I need to buy an ukulele for me. I studied a lot of information on internet. Finally I choose Kamaka 4A Custom tenor for my first ukulele. I enjoyed her beautiful tone after work everyday. I heard the songs of Daniel Ho when I drove my car to work one day. I thought I need another ukulele to play his music. My friend told me a good choice when I discussed the thinking with him! So Ko'olau T100 with low G was my second ukulele. Its nice voice and rich tone enrich my life very much. Almost the same time, I ordered a Kanile'a KSTP from HMS.

These three ukuleles are all beautiful. I really enjoyed playing them. Thanks for supplying this wonderful forum anyway, I learned a lot from it.

Last edited:
Hi Henry. Welcome aboard. You are simply amazing. Just staring on the journey and you have bought yourself all the great ukes: Kamaka, Ko'olau and Kanile'a. Typing the names already cause me to salivate. :D

Anyway, enjoy your journey. You can ask questions and the experts in the forum will be ready to share their expertise with you.

If you would like to ask in Chinese, you can approach me and I can help you to translate to English.

Regards,
Sugeng

Welcome Henry! I'm in Taipei as well! Nice choice in Ukes and Seller!

Welcome to the UU forums Henry! It's great the your son's interest in the instrument in school has passed on to you. It'll be great to have the two of you learning something together. Have Fun!

Thanks all. I enjoy the time of playing the ukuleles with my son very much.
It is great! Uke enrich our living!

Greetings and welcome Henry. Glad you joined us. Three wonderful ukes you have chosen......many people's "dream ukes."

Top Bottom