NUD Graduation Present

staci

Reaction score
I graduated from University yesterday, and my mom got me a new ukulele as a gift!

Here it is!

It's so beautiful. I tested out a bunch, and I loved the sound of this one the most.

It's a Kala tenor, with a pick-up, which I'm super excited about.

IMG_1471_zps1605c3bd.jpg

I couldn't be happier. The sound quality is incredible. I also got a fancy case to put it in (less exciting, but still noteworthy).

WOW...........staci that is beautiful, spruce top with a cut away is stunning. Enjoy it, as I am sure you will, you will be making some sweet music on that.

Congrats on graduating!!! it looks great!

Funny enough i just graduated and bought myself a firefly i guess great minds think alike

congratulations on your graduation! and congrats on your new Kala!

Congratulations on both...

I have that Kala, and it's a very nice Ukulele... You will enjoy it a lot. :nana:

Thanks everyone! It feels good to be "not a student" haha.

And I love it so much. I really want to start performing a little, so it's nice to have a really great sounding, and looking, instrument. Plus, maybe it'll boost my confidence in being on stage (which is currently at a 0).

Hi there - congrats on graduating and the uke. Funny, my name is Staci also - I only heard of two other people with it spelled that way. Welcome to UU. :)

Wow, two wonderful things, graduating and getting a wonderful new uke. It is beautiful!

Congrats on both the graduation and the new uke. That Kala is a pretty one, and they sound as pretty as they look. Good luck in all you do.

Congratulations! A ukulele is about the best graduation gift I can imagine. I got luggage. :mad:

It's a Kala tenor, with a pick-up, which I'm super excited about.
Congrats.

Looks like the very first ukulele I got - spruce top, cutaway - back in 08. Loved it and played it to death... I'm sure you will end up with many more, too...

Congrats on both! Sweet uke to remember all the hard work.

Now comes two big decisions. High G or Low G and which strings to use!

Enjoy and keep us posted

Thanks everyone! It feels good to be "not a student" haha.

And I love it so much. I really want to start performing a little, so it's nice to have a really great sounding, and looking, instrument. Plus, maybe it'll boost my confidence in being on stage (which is currently at a 0).

My experience has been that the more you love and get to know your uke, the better, more often and more relaxed you play. So yes, it's a confidence-booster. That's also why most of us recommend getting the highest quality instrument you can, with a great setup. But I digress and again, best wishes!

Sweet. Congratulations squared!

Congratulations! A ukulele is about the best graduation gift I can imagine. I got luggage. :mad:

Luggage is a very traditional graduation present. It is supposed to signify the expectation that you are going places - hopefully out of the house! LOL

John

Ooh, that's rather nice. You should do a masters and see what you get then... :D

Top Bottom