FS Pono TE-2 Tenor Electric - Cedar/Acacia Deluxe, gloss, MiSi

Doc_J

Reaction score
SOLD Pono TE-2 Tenor Electric - Cedar/Acacia Deluxe, gloss, MiSi

Pono TE Deluxe model with solid chambered figured acacia body topped with the "finest North American red cedar". This is the deluxe model with a gloss finish and an upgraded Misi pickup and charger. Along with a truss rod to fine tune perfect action it features a radius fingerboard of Macassar ebony (faceplate and bridge are also Macassar ebony) plus a custom made Ko'olau hardshell case. This Pono was made in Ko'olau Java factory with the pickup installation and setup done at the Ko'olau custom shop in Wahiawa, Hawaii. Strings are Mahana, reentrant.

This is in “as new” condition. Absolutely no dings, dents, or scratches. I'm trying to trim my number of ukes.
SOLD

Here is a very recent sound sample through a Yamaha THR-5A.
https://app.box.com/s/o63dk19qonc8id4mieev

P1060610_zps10870f3f.jpg

P1060603_zps6509508f.jpg

P1060601_zpsfafc9605.jpg

P1060602_zpsc2163a1d.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's really nice Hodge. Tell me, did you ever push this through a high gain amp or model? Wondering how it would handle Smoke On the Water. :music::p

How would you compare it to it's more expensive Koolau electric cousin?

Wow, that's really nice Hodge. Tell me, did you ever push this through a high gain amp or model? Wondering how it would handle Smoke On the Water. :music::p
The only other amp I have is Rogue $20 Amp, and the Yamaha THR-5A sounded so good, I never tried it.

How would you compare it to it's more expensive Koolau electric cousin?
Good question. But, I can't say as I never played a Ko'olau CE.

Top Bottom