Kamaka HF-3 tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
OK gang, time to move another one in my attempt to raise funds. These have all been hard to part with as they are all fine ukuleles. But those who have known me here for awhile know how I feel about this one.

2005 Kamaka HF-3 with factory installed passive pickup. I think it is a Fishman, but I don't know for sure. This is simply one of, if not the best, sounding Kamakas that I have heard. The tone is deep and rich with sustain until the cows come home. It is strung with Savarez Alliance strings with a Savarez Corum wound low G. And as you can see by the pics, the curl in this koa would be considered more of a deluxe grade now.

There is one very small ding on the bottom of the lower bout that I have photographed. And there are slight strum marks that you would expect on a ukulele of this age. But overall this uke is in fantastic condition. It comes with the Oahu hardshell case pictured as well as an Oasis in body humidifier and a Herco case humidifier. I have included a crappy sound sample.
https://soundcloud.com/dkcrown/kamaka-hf-3

$1000.00 plus shipping costs.

Dana that is beautiful looking and sounding. Sorry you have to part with it.

Dana, that is sooo lovely. And with a pickup!

As we know, it's all about the sound and the figuring.

You may well kick yourself later.

Very nice, how about some more pics?

Hey Howie. The only other pics I have are redundant. I can take some more this evening of the label and headstock when I get home from work. But it might be sold by then. I have had one inquiry already, but it is outside of the US and a new member with no posts.

If anyone is interested in this, please don't delay. I don't think it will be around for long.

Thanks Dean, Frank, and Steve. No doubt I will miss it, but I still have a few beauties to keep me strumming in the meantime.:)

Nice instrument! What song was playing in the sound sample if you don't mind me asking?

Nice instrument! What song was playing in the sound sample if you don't mind me asking?

Hi trowcat. It isn't any song per say, but rather a little ditty of chord progression with G,C, and D. I do use it for a John Prine song however.

Dk - check your PMs.

This wonderful uke has been sold and will be on its way to a new home shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom