season 115 : yeah baby!

bird's eye view of my ukelele

Reaction score
i am stepping into the breach, dear friends

welcome to season 115

you may have noticed i occasionally cannot hold back from exclaiming "yeah baby" at the end of particularly groovy songs

this is because i am hip and happening

i would like to invite you to join me in a celebration of this ultimate expression of everything fab, by bringing me songs with the word "baby" in them

i must emphasise i am looking for "baby" as in "term of endearment", not "baby" as in "tiny infant"

so - a big "yeah bring it ON" to "hey baby i'm your telephone man" and a resounding "thanks but NO thanks" to "she's having my baby"

rules...
1. we are running late, in case you didn't notice, so please feel free to begin and post at once
2. multi-tracking, fuzz, creative video, whatevs, it's all good
3. up to three entries per person
4. no bonuses this week
5. multiple versions of songs most welcome - if someone, or indeed half a dozen people, beat you to a song you want to do, please do it anyway, the more the merrier etc etc

prizes...
there will be a prize for my favourite video of the week.
and another prize determined by random drawing out of a hat or other container.
so you can win by being whatever i think fabulous is
or by just existing really
bring it on
it is too early to say what the prizes might be, i am guessing maybe a cd or something uke-themed, when i get an idea for this i will let you all know!
UPDATE
ok i had a thought
(write that down, it doesn't happen often...)
prizes will be brady bunch movie soundtrack cd's
because you can take the chick out of the seventies
but you can't take the seventies out of the chick
yeah baby

okay i will tarry no longer, let the games begin
have fun
be good
rock on

click here for playlist

click here for "baby one more time" playlist

commenting...
i'm thinking i might just comment on vids over on youtube...
leave the thread for general chit chat and coolness
obviously for times when youtube gets silly and doesn't LET me post a comment there, i will post a comment here on the thread instead

and...
i forgot to say it at the time, but NEW VIDS ONLY FOR THIS WEEK, please, i.e. vids you've made this week for this season

special announcement *spontaneous half-way-through-the-week-rule-change* IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THREE SONGS, I AM CHANGING THE RULES, YOU CAN DO A FOURTH, PROVIDED IT'S "HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME"... because i think we've got ourselves a theme tune. yeah baby

Last edited:
Yeah BEV, yeah!

Last edited:
The wait (though understood no fault of your own) was worth it...I get to play Ronettes songs all week! This is gold.Thanks for stepping up

thank you TCK

bring it

update

prizes

prizes will be "brady bunch movie" sound tracks

because greg is my hero

tumblr_lzicqoS9gU1qmaa05o1_500_zpsa888f73a.gif

yeah baby

my vibe for the week...

Yeah baby! Great theme. Lots of good songs to pick from this week. If I wasn't heading off to bed soon I'd get right on this.
Till tomorrow.

thank you for getting the (glitter)ball rolling pa!

playlist is up

thoughts on commenting...
i'm thinking i might just comment on vids over on youtube...
leave the thread for general chit chat and coolness
obviously for times when youtube gets silly and doesn't LET me post a comment there, i will post a comment here on the thread instead...

I've got a million bajillion songs in mind for this already. Great theme Lynda.

YEAH BABY!

Square Dude Alert

...What is a Bunch of Bradies ..or A Brady Bunch....?

:confused:

Last edited:
Okay, now the world is in balance again! Thanks for stepping up, birdseye—we feel safe again.

Funny, I took all the "baby"'s out of "Sugar Sugar" when I made it into "Money Money" yesterday: http://youtu.be/MLiGXsg4jEc
Somehow they didn't seem to work with the money thing, so I changed them to "oh, yeah".

Here's one where we kept it in, from Sex Change week (S91?):

It's not cold outside too many places right now, but this is a great one ... would love to see some Seasonistas duet on this. We have a chart if you want it.

Janet and I have a duet in the works from Yacht Rock week that's perfect for this. Thanks for pushing that back to the top of the pile!
(Plenty of great Yacht Rock songs with "baby", for anyone else who didn't get their fill of that yet.)

Last edited:
Whew! So soon we become addicted to this stuff! But all is well in the universe........we have our task! This should be fun!

Top Bottom