PDA

View Full Version : "When I Take My Sugar To Tea"

Jnobianchi
04-28-2014, 12:59 AM
Hey gang -

Haven't been around for awhile as Ben Mealer and I have been working up a little string band - The Buck and a Quarter Quartet. Here are three videos from our Friday night debut at NYC's Ukulele Cabaret:

When I Take My Sugar to Tea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=aj1RZs1_ZYA&list=UU9G2RL7Tg4mpdxIF0GRcSsA

Its Carl Luckert (guitar), Angus Loten (baritone uke), Me (tenor banjo and banjolele), Ben Mealer (standard uke) and Sir Scratchly (fiddle). I hope you enjoy!

drbekken
04-28-2014, 02:49 AM
This is what I call TOTAL style. A wonderful rendition of this sweet old song. The other quartet videos are fabulous too.

Jnobianchi
04-29-2014, 05:23 AM
Thanks, Doc! I appreciate it! We're trying to get gigs all over NYC starting this week - we'll be at Jalopy next week and see where we can go from there! :)

The Ukelites
04-29-2014, 05:25 AM
What a cool gang you have here! Big congrats! We'd loved to see that live!

pootsie
04-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Bravo, bravo!

barefootgypsy
04-29-2014, 08:48 AM
I just love that! So glad you've got this band going, I hope you do really well with it! The boaters look great, too - give it a real 20's vibe! It goes without saying now that your voice on here is just the cat's whiskers, Mr B......

Jnobianchi
05-01-2014, 03:57 AM
Thanks, Stefen and Miri! Let me know if you DO make it out here!

Thank you, Pootsie. :)

Thanks a bunch, Lesley! Well, that's my boater collection you see there on everyone's head. :Dso Scratchy wore his trademark black bowler. We could also go newsboy caps or bowlers, if required. ;)