Wound strings

tonet

Reaction score
Hello fellows,

How many wraps should I do to tie a fremont low g in the bridge of my tenor ukulele? With Koolau Alohis high g set I wrap them two times but I have this doubt for wound strings. Thanks for your help.

Hello fellows,

How many wraps should I do to tie a fremont low g in the bridge of my tenor ukulele? With Koolau Alohis high g set I wrap them two times but I have this doubt for wound strings. Thanks for your help.

You're talking about the Fremont Soloist flat-wound, the so-called "squeakless" low G, right? I think I recognize your issue: Because the metal-wound Soloist is harder to bend/loop than nylon, I struggled a bit to get my usual two wraps in the bridge tie-off. But eventually I got there.

I only use one wrap on the Thomastik-Infeld chrome flat wound strings that I use and I've never had one slip. Even the flat wound strings grip pretty good once tension pinches it down to the bridge.

John

From HMS's string changing video, one wrap for wound string would be fine. I do one wrap for it, when I not yet use beads.

Hope it helped you.

I only use one wrap on the Thomastik-Infeld chrome flat wound strings that I use and I've never had one slip. Even the flat wound strings grip pretty good once tension pinches it down to the bridge.

John

Good to know. I won't struggle next time. I suspected one wrap would hold but I just couldn't be sure.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Top Bottom