Cordoba 20TM-CE electronics issue

ViperSRT87

Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently purchased my first uke a 20TM-CE. Overall I really like it although this is my second one. I returned the first due to alot of fret issues and electronics that appeared to not be functioning. So, since it was only about a week since I bought it, I figured rather than set it up or repair it I'd exchange it for a new one. My new one arrived today and there is no fret buzzing or dead spots however the action is very high, which I know I just need a proper setup, and more importantly once again the electronics appear to not be working. Now this is a brand new from the factory uke. The battery is 100% charged but the same as my first one. I'm trying to plug it into a Fender Blues Junior. Does it require a special amp? Am I missing a switch or something on the uke itself?

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm mainly going to play acoustically, but I'd like to know the thing is fully functioning.

Thanks,

Mike

Should work on any amp! I gave mine to my Grand daughter. I used to set my amp on total clean, with medium low volume, and use the eq controls on the Cordoba to get it sounding about how I wanted, then I'd go to the amp and make any further adjustments using the amps controls. Might be a loose connection, poor connection in the jack. Any sounds (static, howls, etc.) when you first plug it in?

Thanks for the quick response! No. No sounds at all. I have to say I find it strange that both instruments did not work properly in terms of electrics. :/

Just to be sure, have you tried it with another amp, or tried another uke/guitar with that same amp and cable? Just trying to rule out everything.....

Yea it is my main amp. I play guitar on it all the time with the same setup. I guess I could try to contact Cordoba but something tells me that will be to no avail.

Hmmmm..... I've called Cordoba, and they've always been helpful. Tell them to test a new uke before sending it out.

Top Bottom