Martin OXK with Low G tuning.

drbekken

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/XTfO3ccim20

Ok, so here's a short little sample of the Martin OXK soprano with Aquila Red Low G strings. The strings are concert size, 'cause that's what I had...
The song is 'When You Wore A Tulip', an old jazz age hit from the 20s.

DrB, that was awesome! What a spry number, played so well. You make it look so smooth and easy. Superb.

I'm not a huge fan of low G, but you really have me thinking of it now for one of my sops. Hmm.

Thanks!

Be careful with that OXK with using high tension. With a lot of string tension the top will start to warp as the bridge is pulled towards the nut. It's a problem with these martin HPL instruments.

Be careful with that OXK with using high tension. With a lot of string tension the top will start to warp as the bridge is pulled towards the nut. It's a problem with these martin HPL instruments.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. However, the low G concert strings do not seem to have that much tension on such a short scale, though. Sounds cool, methinks.....but in a while, I'll put on some cheap GHS black nylon strings, which are the ones most easily available in shops over here. Those aren't high tension either!

Last edited:
Top Bottom