Singin' Ukers

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
For those who like to sing as well as Uke, I've started a new group. When we've got some members, maybe we can help each other warble like birds. Or, at least, not make listeners cringe. Check it out.

Due to lack of interest, the group I started no longer exists. Sorry.

Last edited:
First I've heard of it. Maybe it was lack of interest or maybe you just didn't get the word out well.

btw that's a great sig and true.

Yeah, Icelander, I guess no one was interested. Mostly everyone seems interested in buying more and more Ukes and trying out new strings.

Well, different strokes for different folks. :eek:ld:

I find that hard to believe. Not the UAS stuff but that no one was interested. But humans are a strange lot so what do I know? I have two people to play with these days. I feel like I'm in hog heaven.

Don't feel bad. I joined several "groups" on UU, and none of them, not one, ever actually did anything....

Yeah, Icelander, I guess no one was interested. Mostly everyone seems interested in buying more and more Ukes and trying out new strings.

Well, different strokes for different folks. :eek:ld:
So true downupdick! I, for one however croak my heart out, much to the dismay of the general public and will continue doing so until they plant me. PS I did not see this thread or I would have responded. Sometimes I fall behind in checking what's up here. I would have thought this would have generated interest as many of us are strummer so, who certainly need to sing to carry the melody and am guessing many of us could use help. There is a sub-forum I think on singing but it's never really too active.

Last edited:
Yeah, bunnyf, I get tired of UAS and different brands of strings. I thought (before) that it would be interesting to chat about playing the ukulele and singing and havin' fun, but I checked for a long time, and no one was interested so I finally stopped.

What kinda songs do you like to sing? I like folk and old country. :eek:ld:

I have very eclectic tastes. I play a little traditional, some old and new country, old blues, folk/ southern rock (Dylan, Neil Young), classic rock (Pink Floyd), and misc. rock and pop through the decades (David Bowie, Talking Heads, Elvis and on and on) up to way more modern stuff. Like this week, for example, I'm gonna do "I'll Be" by Edwin Mc Cain (a contemporary country song, "All of me" by John Legend (R&B contemp pop ballad), "Baby I Love Your Way" Framptom, and "Can't Take My Eyes off of you" 4 seasons, at my local "Guitar Army" weekly Jam at a park along the harbor in FL. I think there's great music to be found in all genres and thru all decades. I think it's a shame when folks are stuck in a rut and closed off to appreciating different kinds and eras of music.

Yeah, bunnyf, you've got a pretty wide spread there. I guess it keeps one from getting bored that way. I mostly sing folk and hymns and gospel. I like to play blues a lot, but I don't care for the words. I usually whistle my blues. I like Celtic music too, but I usually fingerpick it or play it on one of my flutes.

Anyway, I'm glad I got back to singing. It fills a gap in my music. :eek:ld:

Rock and Folk for me. (50s - 70s mostly) Gospel is verboten except for the non word version of Amazing Grace. I'm a card carrying atheist/nihilist and misanthrope and could get in a lot of trouble.:rulez:

Well, Icelander, to each his own, I guess. I'm not religious in the regular, church going sense. Gospel music is a lot of fun to play and sing, and hymns bring back many fond memories of better times.

I think everyone likes Amazing Grace. :eek:ld:

I can sing, but as yet can't play the Uke (I had my first lesson today), so it will be interesting to see how interesting it will be to combine the two.

When I first started playin' the Uke I planned to accompany my singin'. But lately, I don't sing any more. I got so wrapped up in fingerpickin' (a little) and Clawhammer and, now, banjo rolls, that I kinda let chording songs slide.

My main trouble is that I like learning stuff more than I like singin' and playin'. I guess that's why I play so many instruments and why I have so many different books. I could easily be a professional student. I even seriously considered returning to college for a music degree of some kind. I figured that I might be able to play in the marching band too (HaHa).

Well, now I gotta get back to singin'. Watch out neighbors and plug up your ears! :eek:ld:

Top Bottom