Kamaka question!

Damon.

Reaction score
How can I get a hold of a kamaka that can be plugged in? Are there models that are already available like this? Or do you need to custom order that option?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure either Kamaka themselves, or authorized Kamaka dealers, can add a pickup, but I don't think I've ever seen one for sale off the shelf with that option (five-time Kamaka buyer here). Or you could wait for one to come up on the Marketplace with a pickup... like this one.

Good to know, thanks! Have you ever had any experience with installing a pickup? Or heard if it is difficult?

If you have to ask that question, I wouldn't recommend trying it on a Kamaka first! :p seriously, for someone with experience (which wouldn't be me) it is not a difficult job.

Haha, yeah! I'd definitely take it to a professional.

I'd use a good professional. If you bought one from Elderly or Gryphon, you're golden. HMS doesn't have any Kamakas in stock at all right now, but they would probably do a fine job as well. There used to be an excellent guitar shop not far from me, with an equally excellent tech. They've closed, but their tech most still be around somewhere.

Top Bottom