FS/FT: Koaloha soprano 2002 w/case

jcrooks

Reaction score
Hello everyone I recently acquired this Koaloha soprano uke from a friend who no longer plays and it is a beauty! According to the stamp on the inside it was made in March of 2002. It is all koa body and fretboard, ebony nut and saddle, black hard case, white friction tuners with logo and I believe the neck is also koa, however I am not 100% sure on that. The instrument has a beautiful koa one piece top and back and definitely has the Koaloha sound! The main reason I am looking to pass it on is my hands are too large for soprano ukes. The ukulele does have an issue with the nut slots (too low and wide) this causes the action to be too low at the nut and buzz when played with moderate force. Because I tried the paper in the slot and it fixed it, I believe this problem could be solved with either filling the slots and refilling or replacing the nut. There are two other cosmetic issues: at the end of the neck there is a small 1/4 inch spot where the binding has separated from the fretboard. Also around the 7th and 8th frets the side of the neck and the fretboard, closest to the player have a few marks on it. Ever since I received the uke last week I have kept it with an oasis humidifier which I can also include.
I know I have been long winded, but I just wanted to be thorough with the condition. My last intention is to try to trick anyone here. Right now I just do not have the time to do any work on the ukulele myself.
Now as far as price for sale I will do $330 shipped to CONUS. I am also open to trades for a nice tenor uke, or maybe a concert of similar value. I am located in Las Vegas, NV.

Here are some pics:
IMG_20140429_200150_346.jpg
IMG_20140429_200246_987.jpg
IMG_20140429_200533_681.jpg
IMG_20140429_200708_337.jpg

Last edited:
That is a nice sounding uke ... for sure. Good luck with it.

Thanks sam13, it is definitely the most resonant soprano I have played.

what was the song that was playing at one minute mark? It sounded familiar and I would like to learn it. Thanks.

Rem50, the two little tunes were jack Johnson breakdown and the progression from honey baby, and drop baby drop.
Thanks for listening

Trading for a tenor would really interest me.... Also I would like to open the door for reasonable offers for this Hawaiian made uke...

After more research, it looks like I can confirm that it is a koa neck. It also has a one solid piece side, as in no matching at the bottom of the uke.

weekend price drop to $330 shipped conus

I also made contact with Koaloha and was told that the nut could be fixed at their shop under warranty

provines, pm sent.

A few members have made some nice offers on the Koaloha, however as of now I am still accepting offers to buy or trade.

Photo of behind the bridge and area just behind the A string, is this a wood grain line or the start of a small crack? Sorry just not clear enough from my end to tell.
Thanks, Mike

Bahama, it is just a dark wood grain line for sure I reexamined it again. There are actually quite a few on the uke it gives it a very pretty look. The finish Koaloha used back then is different than there finish now, less glossy and a little more breathable, this also make seeing the wood characteristics easier. Thank you for asking and clearing it up.

If anyone has a concert uke of similar value they would be interested in trading I would love to hear any offers on those as well.

trade pending... I will let you all know the status of this beauty

The uke is still in trade talks but I am open to hear more offers....

Top Bottom