PDA

View Full Version : any (free) Android App a beginner should know about

somebaudy
04-30-2014, 01:02 AM
My smartphone is a Samsung Nexus running Android. What Android app should I download ? I've owned a uke for less than a week.

Thanks in advance

RAB11
04-30-2014, 01:12 AM
PitchLab is a great tuner app, can set it to pretty much any stringed instrument.

And Ultimate Guitar's app now has ukulele chords, shows you the fingerings for most and auto-scrolls so you can go through it all in one go.

savagehenry
04-30-2014, 01:32 AM
Basicchords is a cool chord app.

dickadcock
04-30-2014, 02:34 AM
PitchLab is a great tuner app, can set it to pretty much any stringed instrument.

And Ultimate Guitar's app now has ukulele chords, shows you the fingerings for most and auto-scrolls so you can go through it all in one go.
I use both of those a lot!!! Also Ukulele Chord lite from Elex. All are at the Google Play Store.

DaveY
04-30-2014, 04:25 AM
Ukulele Fretboard and UChord (similar in purpose, though I prefer Ukulele Fretboard because it shows more variations for playing the same chord, and has scales), DaTuner Lite (tuner). I haven't tried Basicchords or PitchLab, so I can't compare them to these.

Carica89
05-01-2014, 10:49 AM
I dont know if its only for apple, but ukulele toolkit rocks everything, has even the most common chord progressions. Very nice.

Concertina
05-01-2014, 11:02 AM
I use Ultimate Guitar and I ALWAYS use Ukulele Tabs. They have a ton of songs and chord charts too. I like to hit the random button and mess around every once in a while.

KoaDependent
05-01-2014, 07:09 PM
GuitarTAPP (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.by845tools.guitartapp) takes all the internet chord sites and makes them easily searchable, displayable and saves the chordsheets into a master list and even individual setlists. You can also use it to read in any saved files in ChordPro format. It's nice to have a songbook in your pocket.

Despite it's guitar-centric name, it has settings to display uke chords with several fingering variations on each.