Me, Age 4

niwenomian

Reaction score
I came across this picture the other day while watching a memorial video for my dad. It's 4 year old me, on Dad's lap with a uke. I don't remember it, nor do I remember the picture even though I pulled it out of the album for the video after he passed.

I guess I have been playing uke for longer than I thought! If I'd only stuck with it then.....

ukepic.jpg

I came across this picture the other day while watching a memorial video for my dad. It's 4 year old me, on Dad's lap with a uke. I don't remember it, nor do I remember the picture even though I pulled it out of the album for the video after he passed.

I guess I have been playing uke for longer than I thought! If I'd only stuck with it then.....

View attachment 66363

awe! so sweet.

Nice pic, janeray! I really like the joyful smiles in these pictures. Finding this picture almost makes me feel like the uke is something I'm meant to do. Or at least that I am meant to get back to doing.

Nice pic, janeray! I really like the joyful smiles in these pictures. Finding this picture almost makes me feel like the uke is something I'm meant to do. Or at least that I am meant to get back to doing.

Thanks! And yes, for me too there is a bit of a "it was meant to be" element as well. When I picked it up again in my mid-40s, I never thought it would stick - but here it is some 5+ years later and I'm still at it.

And I could have been an artist:

131431_10150116053465516_6326835_o.jpg

Or a racing driver:

167117_10150116052710516_4293538_n.jpg

Haha these pics are great. I'm only 18 but I wish I would have started playing ukulele at an earlier age. Can't find any young instrument pics of me at the moment but I know there are probably some somewhere.

Hey, that's awesome!

Top Bottom