Southern Cross banjo Uke. Something a little different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPO

Reaction score
Southern Cross based on the Gibson UB2 with flat back resonator The idea is from the W Lange White Swan Banjo uke from the 1930's. It is the only white one I have ever come across. I didn't realize how many shades of white there are. Went through an awful lot of test pots. :D
Body is Maple laminate, neck is NZ Rimu with a Rosewood headstock and fretboard, position markers are American Ash. Tuners geared planetary style. Natural calfskin vellum head with brass tone ring. Hardware is mostly Canadian from Rickard Banjos. Tension hoop is hand made in Czechoslovakia. Strings are still stretching in will try and get a video/sound sample up in a day or so.
No price.
Make an offer.

My Movie: http://youtu.be/fONRducbuhg
Video/sound sample
Added photos of new resonator design.

Attachments

• IMG_4219.jpg
    IMG_4219.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_4222.jpg
    IMG_4222.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4225.jpg
    IMG_4225.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_4226.jpg
    IMG_4226.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Really cool looking. Another great banjo uke from you. Keep that up and I'll have to figure out how to work in a banjo uke into my Rotating Uke Program in the next year or so.

Good luck with the sale...

Eddie

I love this so much. Superb work. An absolutely stunning ukulele.

I love this so much. Superb work. An absolutely stunning ukulele.

Thanks, it is always worrying presenting something new, but the feedback so far has been positive. I think it's a love it or hate it thing.:D

The pending sale customer has chosen another of my banjo ukes, so this is still for sale
Thanks.

I have had a couple of questions re size.
The banjo uke is a concert scale, and the width at the nut is 1 3/8 "

Now offered with alternative resonator design.
Open to reasonable offers.

Attachments

• NR3.jpg
    NR3.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 42
  • NR2.jpg
    NR2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 41
  • NR1.jpg
    NR1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 45
This is well out of my range in price and UAS. I just had to say as one artist to another the alternative resonator really fits the uke. Absolutely beautiful.

~AL

This is well out of my range in price and UAS. I just had to say as one artist to another the alternative resonator really fits the uke. Absolutely beautiful.

~AL

Thanks very much, your comments are appreciated.

PM sent...

Interesting that you put the fret marker on the 9th fret instead of the 10th...awesome work!

Mr. Dennis,
I just authorized a paypal payment to you for another banjo uke you built, then immediately afterward, I got a fishy email apparently from you that was asking me for thousands of dollars because you lost your wallet??? Really, are you scamming me and will I get my banjo uke?
Hi Terry,
Sorry about that my email account got hacked this morning and the hacker sent emails to all my contatcts asking for money, I have emailed you prior to seeing this message. Your banjo uke is packed and ready to ship tomorrow when you reply to my email asking for address confirmation.
Best wishes
Dennis
PS? I do not scam people, and a simple private message may have been the way to handle this.

This white instrument oh my gosh, your work is fabulous, gorgeous - very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom