baritone instrumental tutorials ????

iamesperambient

Reaction score
are their any good tutorials for baritone uke for playing jazzy and relaxing style instrumental pieces? theres that whole lyle ritz style of playing i wish i was able to play, and i love how that style sounds on the baritone uke. I don't read or write music so watching 'how to' videos is the best way for me to learn this kind of thing. if anyone has some videos just paste em in here looking for more instrumental jazzy sounding songs to learn. I found a lot of blues on youtube not a big fan of the blues or learning for that matter (at least on a uke).

Last edited:
im looking for something more kimo hussey and lyle ritz style but transposed for baritone uke.
Do you read tab? A couple of Jumpin' Jim's Lyle Ritz books say they are arranged for both GCEA- and DGBE-tuned ukes.

If you want to stick with video tutorials, pretty much anything for low G tuning would apply equally to baritone, you just won't be playing in the same key.

FWIW, it is widely reported that Lyle Ritz used a high d string for his dGBE ukes.

FWIW, it is widely reported that Lyle Ritz used a high d string for his dGBE ukes.

correct i know he used reentrant tuning.
I don't mean him specifically but i want to learn to play the baritone the way kimo hussey plays his. Just trying to see if i can get tips to learn to play like that. And no i really don't do well with tabs, im mostly a visual and auditory learner aka a video would be much easier for me to learn with.

Kimo's latest videos are the best I've seen so far in showing the components of how his technique works:

Top Bottom