Gary Gill Pear Shape Tenor #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gill

Reaction score
I am offering this hand made "Pear Shape" tenor ukulele for sale. This is number ten in the series I have built here in Greenwood, Indiana, USA
Shipping included via UPS Ground anywhere in the continental United States. Shipping to Alaska or Hawaii is negotiable. I will accept PayPal or USPS money order.

Scale length is 17"
Sound board, sides and back are sapele.
Neck is mahogany.
Fret board has 18 frets and is made from maple with walnut markers. The logo is MOP.
Nut width is 1-3/8"
Walnut Bridge is strung through the sound board.
Nut and saddle are made from Corian
Strings are Worth Browns strung low gCEA.
Grover geared tuning machines.
The finish is satin lacquer.
Dimensions are approximately 26-3/4" long x 9-1/8" at lower bout x 3" high at tail end.

PT10 Front.jpg
PT10 Back.jpgPT10 Front Body.jpgPT10 Peg Head.jpg

Last edited:
Very "classy" look to this one Gary. Well done. I'm guessing with the Worth browns and the sapele that this one has a a smooth, warm, tone. Or can you tell any difference from the other woods you've built?

Thanks. I'll add the price.

I agree with NoKaOi these are very nice and classy looking. I reviewed the sound clips on YouTube. Nice sounding.

Would you consider a radius neck?

Last edited:
Very "classy" look to this one Gary. Well done. I'm guessing with the Worth browns and the sapele that this one has a a smooth, warm, tone. Or can you tell any difference from the other woods you've built?
This sapele sounds less bright compared to the spruce tops I have built.

If this one doesn't sell soon, it will be a keeper for me. I need something to strum on at the UWC next month.

Yesterday, I took my Gary Gill Tenor with Douglas Fir top out to my local ukulele group strum along. This uke is a sound a cannon when I don't mute the back against my body. It's my favorite uke to play in groups as it makes about double the volume of most ukes around me. Oh, and the neck - everybody that tries My Gary Gill tenor loves the neck profile. I've gotten comments such as "plays like butter" and "your ukulele sounds really good". I just smile and say "I know". :D

How has this not sold yet?!?! If I had the money, and the wife would not kill me, I would be all over this uke. Maybe it will be around for UWC and some lucky/smart person will play it and buy it

Gary ... this sounds very nice ... was still wondering if one was to advance order something could you offer a uke with a radius neck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom